Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Now what?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Now what? 
    So these fellows stopped by and relieved me of my china motos... they even promised to write some ride reports

Now I'm left with the BMW F650 (still for sale) and V-Strom (probably never sell). Yes, I know you're all poking fun of me for being such a cry baby, but I really need to keep the garage full, lest I get bored. So I'm thinking of maybe getting a Galaxy TGR for dirt abuse, because it's easy to steal parts from my neighbor, and something else for China touring.

Here are my guidelines:

#1 Must be Made In China.
    #2 Budget is no concern, 10-50K RMB.
    #3 Must be Adventure/DualSport oriented.
    #4 Must be available before Dec 31, 2010. I'm afraid there will only be a handful of CCC bikes that can be registered after Jan 1, 2011, as most models are not CCC and the ones that are rely on "less than reliable" fuel injection.
    #5 Not interested in the JH600, unless it's Pfaelzer's

What's the word on that turd Xingyue 400? Looks like Pitster Pro is giving them away for $1999, not such a good sign. The LD450 also sounds interesting, but it appears that they might not be available before the cutoff date of Dec 31.

Help me...please. I promise to write about it, maybe even crash it a few times for your enjoyment.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

2. #2 Re: Now what? 
    Hong Kong, China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, USA, Pirmasens
    Hi ChinaV,

is this story really serious with the cut-off date and no more bikes can be registered all over China without CCC compliance? Is this confirmed?

I'm surely not selling my JH600 Just got a new gadget on it...

Hope to see you in Hong Kong tomorrow.

Cheers,
    AW.
    Modifications and talk around the JH600

My New JH600

3. #3 Re: Now what? 
    STILL AMIDST THE TRAFFIC. Ekkicore's Avatar
    nooo! i hate him.
    DJ | Promoter | Photographer
    my photography on Flickr.com

QJiang 钱江龙 QJ150-19a (AKA SQUEAZEL?!)

4. #4 Re: Now what? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekkicore View Post
    nooo! i hate him.
    I dunno, he sounds like a rather intelligent, insightful, and yet sensitive guy to me...

But he does look REALLY schmoozy and funky in the picture. I'm sure ChinaV could have found a pictrure slightly more flattering...
    "Hahaha, Crom laughs at your four winds. He laughs from his mountain."

5. #5 Re: Now what? 
    it's you, isn't it? you stole my love away from me!! my SQUEAZEL?! i'm soulless and incomplete now.

i blame you!

6. #6 Re: Now what? 
    It wasn't you, it was the QingQi. It thought you were out of it's league, so it settled for me.

I promise not to abuse it... too much
    "Hahaha, Crom laughs at your four winds. He laughs from his mountain."

7. #7 Re: Now what? 
    just treat him well.

i request visiting / hug rights for whenever i'm down in your part of the country! (hugs for the qingqi, not you! :p)

ride safe!

8. #8 Re: Now what? 
    Attachment 2622
    Luoyang Luojia Highland Motors Co., Ltd. , located in Luoyang State High-tech Industry Development Zone

TEL: +86 379 65111908 +86 379 65111967 FAX: +86 379 64937881 E-mail: luojiamotor@126.com Contact Person: Mr James

9. #9 Re: Now what? 
    Thanks MJH, but the Highland deal with Luojia got put on the back burner and they switched gears to only making scooters for the local Chinese market. Doubt we will ever see one of those beauties here .

Cheers!
    ChinaV

10. #10 Re: Now what? 
    I've been talking with QingQi today down here in Guangdong, as I've had no replies for two weeks from their office in Jinan. I just wanted to see what was going on with the QM250, and it basically looks like the bike is made for export only and nobody knows if they will ever really get CCC certification in China. I've been told on numerous occasions the bike would eventually be sold domestically, but it's been almost two years now without any progress.

My guess is that they can't meet CCC with the carburetor, and the EFI systems are just not ready for mass production. There are only a couple of cities that actually require the CCC certificate for registration, but that's all supposed to change on Jan 1, 2011 as the entire nation will adopt the CCC rules. Bear in mind that the law was supposed to go into effect during the summer of 2010 . So I'm guessing there is still a small chance that these can be registered in smaller cities for the time being.

I was told by my contact that the QM250GY-B(ASD) lovingly referred to as "SQUEAZEL" by Ekki is 14,000 Yuan + Shipping, that does include tax, but I'm sure there will be other taxes to pay when you actually register. The QM250GY-2D is also 14,000 Yuan + Shipping, this does not include the Tourfella boxes or mounting rails, so you better plan on figuring out your own luggage system.

Here are some nice pics:

QM250GY-B(ASD) Black/Red

QM250GY-B(ASD) Silver/Grey

QM250GY-2D Silver

Cheers!
    ChinaV

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast