Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Now what?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
  1. #81 Re: Now what? 
    Look what appeared in my garage yesterday...hmm...should be interesting

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 03:23 AM.

2. #82 Re: Now what? 

3. #83 Re: Now what? 
    C-Moto Guru
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, but the question that remains is, is it also registrable in BJ?

4. #84 Re: Now what? 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Ahh, the perfect China-roads touring bike, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, but the question that remains is, is it also registrable in BJ?
    What's so special about Beijing? If it's registerable in anywhere in China, it's also registerable in Beijing. But there's a limit to where you can ride (2nd, 3rd, 4th ring road...), same like most cities in PRC nowadays. Unless there's some new law I don't know about?

My question is, is it a 200, or a 250? I'm sure you're out riding now, we're patiently awaiting updates!

5. #85 Re: Now what? 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by slabo View Post
    My question is, is it a 200, or a 250? I'm sure you're out riding now, we're patiently awaiting updates!
    It's a 250!

6. #86 Re: Now what? 
    If it's registerable in anywhere in China, it's also registerable in Beijing.
    That's not exactly true. That's like saying "if you can get a motorcycle License in Beijng, you can get one in Dongguan", but you can't. I will have plates, registration and insurance shortly, but I wouldn't guarantee it's possible to register everywhere.

It's a 250, the same as the orange one I sold to Mfpthebronze, with a few minor updates.

I bought it because I have no faith in QingQi delivering the QM250GY-2D for the 2011 riding season. It's going to take some modding to turn this into the kind of touring bike I need, but the engine and suspension are a great place to start.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

7. #87 Re: Now what? 
    ChinaV, would you mind taking a break from buying new bikes for just a week please? Jesus.

Recession my hole.

8. #88 Re: Now what? 
    Living the dream...... Rotortrash's Avatar
    You are the only other person I know of with the same bike as me......now if we could just build that bridge from Peru to China..........we could ride! I'm curious as to what your impressions are----- I'll be starting on my Luggage system fairly soon--I'll keep you posted---------------

9. #89 Re: Now what? 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    That's not exactly true. That's like saying "if you can get a motorcycle License in Beijng, you can get one in Dongguan", but you can't. I will have plates, registration and insurance shortly, but I wouldn't guarantee it's possible to register everywhere.
    It seems that each jurisdiction has its own rules. There are many examples of bikes not being able to get registered in Beijing proper, but can get a registration in an adjoining jurisdiction (e.g., Hebei). The Galaxy XTR is an example (cannot be registered in Beijing). The JH600 (can) and JH600B (cannot) is another weird example.

For a bike to become an "approved Beijing bike", the manufacturer must undertake a lengthy, convoluted and expensive process with the Beijing authorities. It is quite a restrictive process. Manufacturers probably only go to the trouble with models that are expected to have sufficient sales.

Anyways ... that is a nice looking bike ChinaV. A friend (Pat) bought a Qingqi recently (his Hebei trip report) and it is a nice ride.

One question, though ... Pat's bike doesn't have a kick starter, and it looks like your new bike also does not. Is that a unique feature of Qingqi?

Cheers
    Richard

10. #90 Re: Now what? 
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    ChinaV, would you mind taking a break from buying new bikes for just a week please? Jesus.

Recession my hole.
    Three went out, three came in... I'm afraid if I waited too long I wouldn't be able to keep my wife confused . No more for quite a while... unless something amazing comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotortrash View Post
    You are the only other person I know of with the same bike as me......now if we could just build that bridge from Peru to China..........we could ride! I'm curious as to what your impressions are----- I'll be starting on my Luggage system fairly soon--I'll keep you posted---------------
    If you want to read some impressions, have a look at this thread...it's the same bike. There are several opinion posts there from different MCM people that rode my old one. This one is not much different, just a few minor upgrades so it feels about the same. I think I will just add to that thread to keep everything in one place. One thing I will mention as you asked before, the digital speedo has a clock and trip meter. If you want to change your bike over, it's a bit complicated as you will need to replace the tach sensor and the speedo drive on the front wheel. Wish I could go for a ride in Peru , let's keep in touch with the luggage ideas, I will be setting mine up for adventure touring over the next couple months.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast