Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Now what?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
  1. #91 Re: Now what? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    One question, though ... Pat's bike doesn't have a kick starter, and it looks like your new bike also does not. Is that a unique feature of Qingqi?
    Pat's bike is based on the Suzuki DR200 series engine. It is possible to have a kickstarter on that bike, but you need a different engine cover and and clutch basket. I looked into it when I had my old QM200, but sold the bike before getting around to it. My new bike is based on the Suzuki TU250 engine and I don't think there's ever been a kickstart option. It's one of those things that's nice to have if it's there, but doesn't matter too much to me that it's not. My Galaxy XTR had a kickstart, but my Galaxy TGR does not, other than that, they are exactly the same motor.

I liked my old QM200, but the QM250 is much more refined. Although they look very similar, there are a lot of little upgrades that make the 250 a very nice bike.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

2. #92 Re: Now what? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    This one is not much different, just a few minor upgrades so it feels about the same. I think I will just add to that thread to keep everything in one place. One thing I will mention as you asked before, the digital speedo has a clock and trip meter. If you want to change your bike over, it's a bit complicated as you will need to replace the tach sensor and the speedo drive on the front wheel. Wish I could go for a ride in Peru , let's keep in touch with the luggage ideas, I will be setting mine up for adventure touring over the next couple months.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    ChinaV,
    My Qlink XF200 has a clock and a trip meter.

Well kinda
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #93 Re: Now what? 
    Congratulations ChinaV! Yet another nice bike to add t0 the garage. I don't think any of us believe you will stop buying anytime soon

So is this bike actually being sold domestically now, or did you have to go about getting it through your own means and people you know? Which leads to the next question - will you have to go through a "back door" registration process to get her on the road?

Can't wait to see the upgrades and build process to turn this into the touring bike that QingQi wouldn't sell you. I reckon you'll do a better job than the factory anyway
    "Hahaha, Crom laughs at your four winds. He laughs from his mountain."

4. #94 Re: Now what? 
    Hmmm... is that a different carb? Hard to tell, but it looks like it may be a different unit than what was on your previous QM 250. Interesting if they did switch it out. Maybe QingQi found a carb better suited for the motor after their trial and error with the EFI..?
    "Hahaha, Crom laughs at your four winds. He laughs from his mountain."

5. #95 Re: Now what? 
    Hard to believe this thread has accumulated almost 100 posts. I'd like to thank everyone for all the valuable input, comments, jokes etc. When I started my quest at the end of November, I never imagined the lineup of toys in my garage would change the way it did. Must say that it's looking a bit goth with all the black.

I seriously doubt there will be any more purchases for quite a long time... no really... I mean it. I think the only thing I might be missing is a CJ sidecar rig and maybe some kind of custom cruiser, but those will have to wait until I get a bigger garage.

So the V-Strom remains as my adventure bike, the Galaxy TGR for weekend enduro rides, the QingQi QM250 Liger will be "adventurized" for my next big China trip, and the Yingang YG250NF will cover my commutes to work each day. I will be posting all kinds of updates, modifications and general observations in the following threads.

ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6)

ChinaV's Galaxy 250!

ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 03:23 AM.

6. #96 Re: Now what? 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Last I checked the Lifer 200, it felt tiny. What's the seat hight for this 250 Lifer? Also, anyone seen the motard version in a shop?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910