Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Now what?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Now what? 
    Get a powered micro-lite or a small plane. You've had enough bikes. I bet it would be impossible to get licence and registration though.

I was at the local grass airport and peered into a hanger doorway. There was a perfect old fashioned prop-powered small fighter, dark green with the red chinese star on it. The pilot said it was chinese made, very sound, very efficient and very cheap. I always regret I didn't look further into it. Maybe after all your experience in cheap china bikes you could lead the way in this for us ...? It was a Nanchang CJ6As just in case you take me seriously and decide to get one.

2. #22 Re: Now what? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    How about a DIY bike, so you won't be bored during christmass? Let's call it The Rabbit, to stay in Ekki terminology!
    Yeah like this..

3. #23 Re: Now what? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    How about a DIY bike, so you won't be bored during christmass? Let's call it The Rabbit, to stay in Ekki terminology!
    I think all China Motos are DIY . I was thinking of doing something DIY, but you need to start with a base model to get the registration. The other issue that needs to be dealt with is the bi-annual vehicle check. I've heard that any modification to cars or motorcycles is against the law, so you have to be sure to put it all back to stock before going to the registry.

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Maybe a Shineray water cooled 250? Seem like reasonable option?
    Shineray.... It's not like I haven't tried in the past. My last attempt was during the ChongQing motorcycle show where I was told their X2 doesn't have CCC, can not be registered in China, and are only for export. I tried to enlighten them about Andre in Kunming, but they were very sure of their position. I mumbled something about idiots and walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    Get a powered micro-lite or a small plane. You've had enough bikes. I bet it would be impossible to get licence and registration though.
    My sister is a pilot, yet I'm quite uncomfortable flying. I've seen a few ultralights over the years in Guangdong, you must need some serious "Guanxi" to pull that off.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions. Pending updates on registration info, I should have a decision by Friday.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

4. #24 Re: Now what? 
    C-Moto Guru
    Hi Lorne,

some bits about my expierence with the X2
    It definetly has a 2010 valid CCC, as I walked myself through the registration process, no corners cut here.
    The bike has a carb, that might be a problem in 2011?

I put on 2500km since I got it.
    I had one big problem, the hose of the front brake was leaking, out of a sudden. Bit surprising when leave the driveway and no brake.
    The guys from the shop came over and fixed it.

I'm happy with the power of the bike. Its not a highspeed gearing, but always plenty of power. 115kmh if you push hard, 95kmh cruising speed. Mind you all above 1900m, no idea if this changes if I get down to sealevel.

I still running the supermoto wheels/tires. I only changed the handlebar to the apehanger you send me. I replaced the spring for a stiffer one, 100kg are just too fat in China.

As I made my trip through north Yunnan / Sichuan this summer I had always a smile on my face. The spring/shock setup is excellent to push hard on bad roads. The engine always has power even above 4000m, no virtual 2hp feeling as you described your Galaxy.
    The bike is bigger, more fullsize then a Galaxy. Also has very high seatheight.

The tank is small with only 8 liters. Havent seen any bigger version, but havent really searched for it either.

Mind you I'm new to Motorcycle riding, only have 5000km total expierence, so maybe my feelings are flawed by "mostly China" comparison.
    Based on what I see available in China its value for money. Ryan's BMW is offered for 10x the Shineray price. The JL600 seems to be very Chinese designed with lots of flaws in the details. The Asiawing sounds like trouble and then there are many 200cc. In the 250cc dualsport only Galaxy is really competing with it, but with aircooled, 30%less power.

I would go for it If you can get it registed within 2010!
    Last edited by andre555; 12-01-2010 at 08:56 AM.

5. #25 Re: Now what? 
    Thanks Andre for the detailed info on your X2 experience. I agree, the X2 is a much more "full sized" bike, and the 18Kw of power is probably a lot of fun. I really wanted to punch the Shineray reps in the face for saying "mayo" , as I knew you were able to register the bike, and I've seen many others riding legally on the Chinese forums.

I'm not so sure about how much trouble the Asiawing 450 is . I've heard that a lot of improvements were made this year, but there is so little info on this bike. One thing I do like, is the fact that you can get a 25 liter gas tank for it . Should be able to cover a lot of ground with that kind of capacity.

Need to decide by Friday...tick tick tick goes the clock.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

6. #26 Re: Now what? 
    By Friday?? Man, not taking long in the decision process are you?
    Is this again due to the CCC issues?

Let me recommend the YBR G. Healthy little bike, serviceable anywhere in China, capable with gear and someone riding second, and a great looking bike too boot. I also happen to know of one that's for sale...

__0581.jpg
    "Hahaha, Crom laughs at your four winds. He laughs from his mountain."

7. #27 Re: Now what? 
    QM250GY-2D Silver

ChinaV,
    I like this one with the hard bags and would buy it if it was available in the USA.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

8. #28 Re: Now what? 
    The X450E in black with the digital instrumentation, but they list it with a 37.8" seat height? Is that the tallest seat height of any motorcycle? I think the Asiawing may garner more interest then the Shineray since nobody has written about them. It only weighs 120KG thats light for a 450 isnt it?

9. #29 Re: Now what? 
    Senior C-Moto Guru

This is what you should be looking at. Paramotor+Paraglider+ATV = Drive/fly anywhere. I'll get one when I grow up....

10. #30 Re: Now what? 
    OOOOH Holy crap a flying KTM Xbow! Where do i sign?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast