Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. #41 Re: Qlink XF200 Aftermarket Headlights 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks for sharing the video, but watching it made me dizzy! LMAO! I am patiently, waiting spring. This down time, will allow me to get my mods done, without hurrying. Then are they ever done? lol Thanks for the advice, and now I know how they are wired. The business has been busy this past week, which is good - considering the economy. Do you use facebook? I entered a contest with dennis kirk and I am in like 8th place right now. Post a pic of your bike and parts to enter. Then people vote on your bike by "Liking" it. I doubt i'll come close to winning by end of contest monday. But Started out really strong and got alot of great comments on the bike. When people see it, they are asking what is that? It's an attention getter! lol All my customers like it......It's kinda a show piece right now in my store - lol Oh before I forget I am leaving the turn signals in the new headlight Ornage and wiring as running lights. It outta look nice. I'll see if can talk with my dealer this weekend about the manual. If he can do you want me to get ya one? Let me know, and you can send me the money via paypal or check. PM Me your adddress and I'll keep ya posted.
    Andrew

2. #42 Re: Qlink XF200 Aftermarket Headlights 
    C-Moto Senior
    Will sell this OEM Qlink XF200 Headlight for $25.00 +Shipping to anywhere in the US - Never shipped over seas but would consider it.

PM me if you want it.

DOes NOT Include Bulb or wiring harness!

Andrew

3. #43 Re: Qlink XF200 Aftermarket Headlights 
    Andrew, some things to be aware of. Our bike's wiring was set up for a 35w bulb. That means that it is pretty thin. I found that when I switched to a different headlight assembly with a higher wattage bulb (55w) that the plug got hot and melted a bit. I fixed that by eliminating it completely and ran the wiring straight to the plug. Firemanmike put in a 60w into the stock healight assembly without any problems, though. Spud over at Chinariders did a converstion like you are talking about so you might want to search and find his post. Let's talk about lens now. Even though the stock wiring may handle the extra wattage, the lens may not. The lens on Spuds Zongshen is glass so there wasn't any concern about heat. There might be on yours without proper ventilation. I am running a 45 watt in mine (picture in an earlier post) and will try a 60 watt this spring. I do not have the parking light installed and my headlight assembly has vents. The stock light on the Qlink does not have them. You might want to check to see if you have them in yours. I do not see any in the pictures you've posted.

4. #44 Re: Qlink XF200 Aftermarket Headlights 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks for the info David very informative. i DID BUY A 55W xION FOR THE new headlight assembly, but now maybe I'll stick to the original Bulb since I'll be also wiring up the turn signals in the new healight as running lights. Thanks Again
    Andrew

5. #45 Re: Qlink XF200 Aftermarket Headlights 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC View Post
    I May order mine up today - I think this will change the look of the normal XF200 Up Front - Anyone with a XF200 or Similar model running a aftermarket headlights? Are these hard to swap out?
    are you still willing to swap your headlights? i have a spare one. please let me know if you are still interested.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345