Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Wildfire Moters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Wildfire Moters 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I purchased one of their WFG-200LDB (Kinroad XT200GY) and picked it up at their warehouse in Steubenville, Ohio the day before Thanksgiving Day. I didn't have much of a chance to assemble the bike because of family get togethers. When I got around to putting the bike together I found several things missing. Gear change lever, clamp for the front brake lever housing, broken rear brake switch, and the mounting bolts for the speedometer. I put some gas in her and discovered the float was stuck (carb overflowing), no problem just unstick the float. Next I found I had no spark when I tried to start it. I called Wildfire and they offered to exchange my bike for one that was assembled and running. I thought that was good of them. The only problem is I have to wait a week. Anyway, I thought I would give them an at-a-boy for trying to make me happy.

2. #2 Re: Wildfire Moters 
    I wouldn't be so kind! The whole chain from manufacturer to dealer make money from these cheap bikes and the whole chain is responsible. Bikes in crates has been seen as not worth the risk except for proven manufacturers for a long time, they should assemble and test. Yes, well done for being helpful to you but it never should have happened at this stage of the Chinabike import game. The dealers should do their homework otherwise we will never get good support and consistency, especially as models change specification. Lets hope the thing works good for you and the dealers stay in business and get the whole system of parts and spares working.

3. #3 Re: Wildfire Moters 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    I wouldn't be so kind! The whole chain from manufacturer to dealer make money from these cheap bikes and the whole chain is responsible. Bikes in crates has been seen as not worth the risk except for proven manufacturers for a long time, they should assemble and test. Yes, well done for being helpful to you but it never should have happened at this stage of the Chinabike import game. The dealers should do their homework otherwise we will never get good support and consistency, especially as models change specification. Lets hope the thing works good for you and the dealers stay in business and get the whole system of parts and spares working.
    Looks like you got me on both threads. It is very frustrating. It shows a lack of quality control all through the system. If they want to start to compete with the other manufacturing giants they need to pay attention to detail. I used to preach that to my apprentices that I had through the years. It's only takes a bit longer to do it right the first time and costs less in the long run.

4. #4 Re: Wildfire Moters 
    Yup. And the other side of the coin is some big name chains and well referenced companies, not just discounters, selling China-made goods for immense mark-ups. I have purchased a few things, mainly electronic, from Ebay and found the local sellers even use the same blurb and advertising pictures yet charge twice to three times the price. Once I got something small, $15 including postage from HK and the same item here was over $120. I don't think taxes, warehousing and shops cost that much to run! Hopefully Wildfire aren't just a 'ship em in and sell em out' kind of business as some of the Aussie Importers are, and will report back harshly and demand changes. Be to their benefit as well if they want sustained return business not just a quick buck.

5. #5 Re: Wildfire Moters 
    the worst of the worst, to be honest they are all about the cheapest and total crap.

who would buy one of those three wheel cars!

6. #6 Re: Wildfire Moters 
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    ...Once I got something small, $15 including postage from HK and the same item here was over $120.
    Those seller are mainlander. HK Post's per 10g rate still than China Post after paying ~Y5/ mail to forwarder & unfair "1RMB=1HKD" exchnge rate for the Int'l post fee.

7. #7 Re: Wildfire Moters 
    C-Moto Regular
    Kudos to Wildfire Motors for taking care of you. I personally prefer to assemble my own bikes but I know that's not the case for most people.

8. #8 Re: Wildfire Moters 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by hugemoth View Post
    Kudos to Wildfire Motors for taking care of you. I personally prefer to assemble my own bikes but I know that's not the case for most people.
    I was assembling the original bike. It was missing so many parts and had ignition problems also. I found the ignition problem but I'm not going to fix it. The spark plug wire wasn't connected inside the boot. I'm wondering if they have any QC at all. I can't believe how many parts were missing either. Maybe it was the last one coming off the line on that paticular day.....

9. #9 Re: Wildfire Moters 
    Quote Originally Posted by WireJockey View Post
    I was assembling the original bike. It was missing so many parts and had ignition problems also. I found the ignition problem but I'm not going to fix it. The spark plug wire wasn't connected inside the boot. I'm wondering if they have any QC at all. I can't believe how many parts were missing either. Maybe it was the last one coming off the line on that paticular day.....
    That's typical Jiangsu/Zhejiang 's product. Looks good but quilaty isn't there Seems regional discriminate BUT it's built into their blood Just looks like their living style. As I Guangdonger in blood, if that kind of product had another choice my $$$ won't support their economy.

10. #10 Re: Wildfire Moters 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    That's typical Jiangsu/Zhejiang 's product. Looks good but quilaty isn't there Seems regional discriminate BUT it's built into their blood Just looks like their living style. As I Guangdonger in blood, if that kind of product had another choice my $$$ won't support their economy.
    Wow, you are hard on people in other provinces. The same goes on here in the United States. I'm not fond of the Californians ...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast