Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    plz point out my mistake ChinaKnight's Avatar
    morfor i saw you at the opening ceremonies

my brother is HT507,they all said you are a humor ,awesome man

my brother is very unlucky,his leads in 5 stages.but in the 6th stage,his engine was broked by a stone,he wined two golden helmet,his fellow HT508

wined 4,and the champion at last

I'd be interested in doing this Rally especially if I am living in Xinjiang.

3. #13 Sign me up! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Already spoken to Morfar! I'll be there next year if I can get the bike sorted. Looked around this site and haven't quite figured out how you buy a Chinese off road bike in China? Lots of info on buying one in other countries - but what about here!
    Spent the last four years riding the dunes of Arabia! Talikmakan next!
    I know a bunch of guys who would love to come over and compete in the rally by renting local machines. Anybody got any contacts in the manufacturers who can discuss the possibility of doing something like this?

Sweet! We should start taking serious tally of those people interested in participating next years rally and their backgrounds, interests, etc. This will make it easier to pitch a sponsorship ride to a manuf.

The numbers I hear on this vary from time to time so lets see who's in! Serious folks only!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Sweet! We should start taking serious tally of those people interested in participating next years rally and their backgrounds, interests, etc. This will make it easier to pitch a sponsorship ride to a manuf.

The numbers I hear on this vary from time to time so lets see who's in! Serious folks only!

CC
    I'm in to help out during the coming year those interested to ride it but I'm not sure to be able to ride it myself because I should leave China next Summer.

I have few contacts with Galaxy Motorcycles who had a team at the rally this year. They are interested about the idea of a team with local and foreign riders. Details need to be work out.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedacian View Post
    Already spoken to Morfar! I'll be there next year if I can get the bike sorted. Looked around this site and haven't quite figured out how you buy a Chinese off road bike in China? Lots of info on buying one in other countries - but what about here!
    Spent the last four years riding the dunes of Arabia! Talikmakan next!
    I know a bunch of guys who would love to come over and compete in the rally by renting local machines. Anybody got any contacts in the manufacturers who can discuss the possibility of doing something like this?
    What kind of bike do you want?

As Brice mentioned Galaxy does sell their bikes on the local market.

I am involved with the expats that started that project.

Pm me for contact info. I'd post it, but I don't know the forum rules.

7. #17 China's Taklimakan Desert Rally - bring sunscreen and beach umbrella 
    Anything is possible, but I doubt there is any importation of them gray market or otherwise. I could only imagine fellow Horizonsunlimited members bringing one up from a trip and selling it to you, or you going there yourself and bringing it up.

The other problem you might run into is EPA rules. In theory, one could register most anything with a minimum of street equipment in the state of Arizona, but I have yet to see Mexican market specific cars registered in Arizona, while I see plenty of them driving here with the various Mexican states' license plates (i.e. VW's Bug). There is obviously a reason for this, and this is a state where one could street register quads (US EPA-approved ones).

Since you mentioned Utah, I would look into Pitster Pro. They are a primarily pitbike related company, one of the best in the US, but they have recently added a full-size 250 dirt bike, enduro, and motard, built by Galaxy Moto of China. Ironically, Pitster Pro gets their bikes via Puzey of South Africa, so all threes' companies are the same bike. However, Pitster only uses the 25 hp liquid-cooled engine, while the Puzey uses air-cooled engines and offers the liquid-cooled engines as optional on their 250 lineup.

This bike, in 230, air-cooled trim, came in 6th place in last year's Talikaman rally, behind only some big named brands (bigger engines, too), and first in their class.

8. #18 Re: China's Taklimakan Desert Rally - bring sunscreen and beach umbrella 
    MCM riders,

Lets finally do this.... I am in and I can help get bikes..... We can compete informally as the MCM team.....

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post

CC
    Lets start be getting a list of serious participants together. I 'll start this ; send me a PM with brief info and Email and I will begin to organize some sort of meeting (maybe virtually).

9. #19 Re: China's Taklimakan Desert Rally - bring sunscreen and beach umbrella 
    We had a little bit of energy going for this last one until it was canceled.
    I think that would be one of the most bad-ass projects ever! Get some photo and video support and we'd really have something to write home about!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

10. #20 Re: China's Taklimakan Desert Rally - bring sunscreen and beach umbrella 
    On the same time as the Taklimakan Rally last year they held a 2 day Desert rally in Turlafan.The price was alot cheaper to enter which included all accommodation in hotel's and all meals and a free tour around Turlafan for your family or friends.It was for bikes only too.Strangely enough the person who organized this is a good friend of the people who organized the Taklimakan desert rally.The Turlafan desert rally was still run last year.

The Tulafan desert rally is more laid back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast