Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 making changes to my sinnis apache 125 so i can manage to do more the 50 mph 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi im new to this site i have just bought myself a sinnis apache 125 and im looking to add some upgrades to it ive already found a molkt 26 mm carb power filter and im debating wether to buy it or not.

has anyone else done this and does the molkt 26mm carb fit straight to the standard inlet manifold or is it best to get another one.

i can do re-jetting if needed thats fairly straight forward ive also found a kamikaze k-pro cdi which i will be buying.

the one thing im wondering is about the exhaust ive seen that people have just fitted standard big bike exhausts does this affect the back pressure that the engine needs as ive been told these engines need some back pressure im abit of a noob to tuning bikes four stroke bikes.

in the past ive tuned a cagiva mito evo full de-ristriction pod filter new carb and race exhaust and expansion chamber

and also tuned a gillera runner 125 sp malossi 172 big bore kit malossi carb pod filter malossi gear up kit and pm tuning race pipe.

any help with the sinnis apache would be much apreciated thanks

2. #2 Re: making changes to my sinnis apache 125 so i can manage to do more the 50 mph 
    C-Moto Noob
    come on someone out there must have some info ive seen other posts of what they have done to pulse adrenalines which are the same bike but no one seems to know of anyone who sells tunning parts for these bikes

3. #3 Re: making changes to my sinnis apache 125 so i can manage to do more the 50 mph 
    Talk very nicely to Forchetto and Humanbeing and others who you see in threads own these bikes or know of them, do some more searches including looking up your engine number to be sure exactly what type it is based on. These things take time and rely on people being about and having the time and interest concurrent with you! Good luck.

4. #4 Re: making changes to my sinnis apache 125 so i can manage to do more the 50 mph 
    50 mph These bike can easily goes to 60+mph if you are "normal" weight.
    It's Suzuki clone / Sprocket NEVER suits on-road situation on these GY bikes -gingerparts.com 's price are very good
    AS ANY chinese bike on the market: it's ExTRA lean to scam EURO 3 - stock crab is Mikuni, just Rejet & forget this overkill molkt
    Last edited by humanbeing; 12-13-2010 at 05:30 AM.

5. #5 Re: making changes to my sinnis apache 125 so i can manage to do more the 50 mph 
    I wonder if you could go back to what was on the vintage Suzuki 125cc?

That could be the way to go, maybe, but the throttle cables are different on the CV carburetors and the Slide carburetors. http://www.vintage-suzuki.com/carbs.htm

I see thumpers with cone filters all the time, but I have to wonder if those are all slide carburetors?

It kills me though because I would not do it without an exhaust gas analyzer and then understanding the readings. But a hell of a lot more reliable then pulling spark plugs and reading it like tea leaves.
    http://www.etoolcart.com/gunson-gast...-analyzer.aspx

So your up to about $400.00 so far?

I read on more then a few occasions that the CV type carburetors are not easy to tune with a performance air filter….has to do with how they work.

Most people that have these type bikes that are as you know made by Qingqi and come with both 125cc and 200cc engine that are Suzuki technology, put a free flow exhaust on them and change the sprocket ratio. Some have changed the jets but some have not and claim better throttle response and high end increases.

The CV type carburetors are limiting and win favor with the clean air legislators. There was a guy that claimed 20hp and with a performance can and increased jetting and a cone filter….but later I read he put the air box back on…he may have had or came across issue with it and not able to get consistent performance, hesitation or stumbling? Both are damaging to the engine, tuning on the road is hard on an engine.

A savvy mechanic would put it on a dyno with a meter up it pipe? I wonder if parts exist too and also wonder where the real good mechanics are? Not supporting Chinese products are they….has to do with $$$$$$$$$