Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Shunde Supercross 
    This is my first post, so if i'm doing anything wrong, point me in the right direction,because i'm totally useless with computers, sorry
    So last year i went to have a look at the national supercross series race near Guangzhuo.
    My girlfriend managed to get some free tickets from the nice people at Galaxy, and we set off nice and early from Shenzhen.
    Unfortunatly the bus took an age to get there, but we got to see some racing on the saturday. We met a nice girl on the bus who was visiting her boyfriend in Shunde, so we booked a hotel and had a great dinner and ktv night, with them, in town.
    100_1604 (Custom).jpg100_1641 (Custom).JPG100_1686 (Custom).jpgP5010031 (Custom) (Custom).jpg100_1595.jpgThis meant we could see the finals on the sunday, which was worth the wait.
    They had classes for Chinese and foreign bikes and the Shinerays and Galaxys were going pretty well, there were only a handfull of good riders who could clear the big jumps.
    Most riders were just having fun, smoking and hanging out between races, with two or three pro teams providing the real action.
    So here are some photo's of the two days

2. #2 Re: Shunde Supercross 

3. #3 Re: Shunde Supercross 
    Wow, great pics mate. Thanks for going to the trouble to post them. It is good to see some people are brave enough to race and jump china-bikes, the quality is obviously improving all the time. I think that the more people do that, the more the bikes get improved in both quality and performance.

4. #4 Re: Shunde Supercross 
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    Wow, great pics mate. Thanks for going to the trouble to post them. It is good to see some people are brave enough to race and jump china-bikes, the quality is obviously improving all the time. I think that the more people do that, the more the bikes get improved in both quality and performance.
    Umm yeah.The Chinese have a long long way to go to catch up in super X.If you get a chance get out and watch a Chad Reed superX in Australia it's amazing.Chad Reed is so far quicker than most other Australians.Australians are behind the Americans .The chinese are light years behind the rest of the planet in terms of motor sport.

Yeah There brave to do Super X on a Chinese bike but it's not really superX it's more like Arena X.Looks like there only doing 30ft doubles not 90ft triples.

5. #5 Re: Shunde Supercross 
    All true, but like most people that have a dirt bike, a three-foot single is the best I have ever done and that was a thrill to survive. As soon as enthusiasts over there start modding and making do, and as soon as spectators can afford to go see, the manufacturers will take heed. It is all about growing a home market, not the ability to build better bikes, they can do that already if they choose to.
    Reedy is indeed OK, I get the local dirt bike mags sometimes and they have DVD's, but Enduros and desert races etc. are more my thing. I find all motoX a bit poncy really! And the stunt riders, although brilliant, are just insane.
    It would be good if a couple of the stunt circuses put on free exhibitions and if MX circuit did one meet there a year. That would grow their own supporter base very quickly but the yanks tend to be a bit insular and don't usually see the need until (like with pro-surf) others start beating them.

6. #6 Re: Shunde Supercross 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    [QUOTE=richardktm;18812] there were only a handfull of good riders who could clear the big jumps.
    QUOTE]

...with the CRFs, YZFs and KXFs they were riding tough.....
    P.s. HI RICH!!
    P.p.s. Shall we go riding this week-end?

7. #7 Re: Shunde Supercross 
    100_1603 (Custom).jpg100_1669 (Custom).jpg100_1684 (Custom).jpg100_1609 (Custom).jpg100_1575 (Custom).jpg

some more photo's..
    the top guys could hold their own in a local experts race in England i reckon, but only 3 or 4 riders.
    Chad Reed's organising supercross in Oz eh? Thats a cool thing to do for the sport.
    I used to race enduro's in england organised by Paul Edmunson.. they were called Fast Eddie Races.. great fun.

8. #8 Re: Shunde Supercross 
    I'm not sure what Chad Reed will realistically have time to do, if I remember right he is putting together and running his own team now, Honda based but keeping away from the factory teams this year.

Australians in sport tend to be pretty good at donating time and effort into grass roots and last year some went off to Timor for example. But more and more the teams see it as time-wasting and the last couple of years all the poor yanks that couldn't get rides at home because of WFC flooded the Australian and other comps and made it hard for semi-pros and others already here, squeezing riders further down the gravy train.

Anyway, grass-roots meets and cross-country competitions always drive this sport, whatever the fancy boys in their psychedelic clothing think while they swig their rubbish 'power' drinks and sit on their pretty $100K+ machines.

9. #9 Re: Shunde Supercross 
    im keen to come and watch a motocross race here sometime soon, the china superbike racers are quite fast so i can see there could be some fast dirtbike riders also

10. #10 Re: Shunde Supercross 
    I think they have a Chinese national Motocross series.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast