Hi all,

I'm trying to research the possibility of driving into China with my 37 years old 50cc (actually 49cc, to be precise) moped. This bike has a two stroke engine and is registered and insured in my home country (Finland) where I'm not required to have a motorbike licence for driving it. I do have a car driving licence, however. Anyway, as I've read that apparently you don't need a licence in China driving <50cc bikes I thought maybe it could be possible to drive my moped in China without dealing with all that bureaucracy / guides / costs involved when trying to get a foreign registered vehicle into China?

There are many things that are still unclear to me and it would be great if anyone could help! Although a licence is not required, do you you still need local plates for <50cc bikes? What about two stroke engines - allowed in China? Different regulations in different administrative divisions and cities?

Anyone want to speculate if I could get my bike into China legally thru border from Russia? :D