Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Qingqi QM250GY-B ride review 
    Living the dream...... Rotortrash's Avatar
    I thought I'd take a moment to give you my thoughts on my new 2010 QM250GY-B, in case any of you were thinking about buying one. Let me start by saying this is a really great bike--it's a big step forward from my 2008 QM200GY. Positives:---FANTASTIC Brakes!!! You can haul yourself over the bars very easily--the motor is smoother than the 200, has more power, and has more tractable power, or rotating inertia, which is noticeable when putting around in a parking lot.Doing 100 Kmh on this machine is easy. It would be very comfortable at 80-90kmh all day long. Steering geometry of this bike is very different from my 200, and at first I thought it was just the wheel diameter difference---it's not. I got to test ride a 2009 model in Orange with the older exhaust header, and the old style brake discs---it handled like my 200.....the 2010 doesn't. It has more "road bike" characteristics that make it more of a hand full on dirt roads. It has more steering force pushing to straighten you out in a curve than the 2009 model--not a scarring negative, just different.This bike is very stable in corners, and a little less so in the straight-but if you ride it like a GP machine, it responds like it was built for the track.This bike also has a polished stainless exhaust with a performance muffler,(no smog crap in Peru) The header pipe is turned down away from the front wheel, and the Brake discs are floating,instead of fixed. Again, fantastic brakes(which can be a little touchy in the wet)....Suspension is very good---good rebound, and damping.turn indicators and tail light are LED--no more bulb changes...
    Negatives:.....they went with a matte finish look, and the plastics are not the tough flexible type, but more of a hard brittle type. It has the same seat as my 200GY....can you say monkeybutt? yeah.... It has no trip odometer or gas gauge to know how much gas you have left without stopping and taking the cap off.... it has no kick starter, or a place to mount one....headlight is non-adjustable....the footpegs are mounted flat or level, when the riding posture is forward leaving your feet on the leading edge of the peg---a little uncomfortable after a long day in the saddle. Shifting is a little notchy, but so was my 200 when it was new....so maybe not an issue. All in all a fun bike to ride, and with a liitle modification, --incredible!
    P1010691.jpgP1010690.jpg

2. #2 Re: Qingqi QM250GY-B ride review 
    What did you pay for it?

3. #3 Re: Qingqi QM250GY-B ride review 
    Rotortrash,
    Nice review. Wonder if the 250 will make it to the USA?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #4 Re: Qingqi QM250GY-B ride review 
    It was 7,800 nuevo soles....or about 2,300 USD......

5. #5 Re: Qingqi QM250GY-B ride review 
    I cant't say, but I sure hope it does----it's a fun machine to ride!

6. #6 Re: Qingqi QM250GY-B ride review 
    C-Moto Senior
    The Saddle (SEAT) Even looks a little smaller in height then the Qlink. I had to remove about 3" of FOAM from mine just to touch the ground! Measure your seat height from the ground up to the top of the seat and then compare your measurement to the Factory Specifications. Does it Match?

7. #7 Re: Qingqi QM250GY-B ride review 
    I don't know what the factory specs are for this machine, but I do know that the 2009 model has the taller seat of QM200GY-B(ASD) "Explorer" model here. The 2010 model has the same seat as my 200GY-actually interchangeable--basically the same seat height on both machines-

8. #8 Re: Qingqi QM250GY-B ride review 
    Hi Rotortrash, thanks a lot for the review. Seems this bike is getting more and more interest recently and i can understand why. As far as china bikes go, this is probably one of the most sorted. I've wanted one ever since trying ChinaV's a year ago. Now if only they would release the damn thing in China....

9. #9 Re: Qingqi QM250GY-B ride review 
    Well, they are very available here in Peru---so if it comes down to it, we could ship you one! Lots of good trade relations between Peru and China......

10. #10 Re: Qingqi QM250GY-B ride review 
    Riding in Honduras C.A.
    RotorTrash

I want to put LED turn signals to my 200GY. The LED turn signals has the same wire terminals. Is the Flasher Unit also the same? I mean Same Wire Terminals? Or maybe are equal in volt and amps specification so I only need to buy the Turnsignals.

Thanks
    Qingqi 200 Supermotard. (Genesis) Mods Until now:Rised Handelbar with stock risers and a lot of washers. Almost 10cm. Pillion handles eliminated and enduro model rack puted in place with turn signals just ziptied to it. Abominable Top Box over rack! Kickstarter removed for comfort (now inside TopBox). PCV pipe bolted to subframe holding my tools. Acerbis supermoto handlebar protector. Turnsignals bolted to the Abominable Top Box base.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast