Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Sichuan - The Breath Taking Jiuzhai 
    An opportunity arises when the Chinese bike manufacturer Jialing organised a ride for the new owners of their JH600 & JH600B(sidecar) taking delivery at the end of April. I was invited to ride with them. I never refuse an offer like that

The 5 day tour started from Jialing factory in Chongqing, passing Mianyang and head for the famous attraction of Jiuzhai and Huang long and then return back to Mianyang and ended back in Jialing factory. New owners will have a choice of riding their new bikes home or factory will crate them and ship the bike home.

Due to work commitment, I arrived Chongqing late in the afternoon. The new owners have gone on a familiarization ride of their new steed. So I settle down in Jialing's own hotel and wait for the dinner bell

It was nice to meet old friends and introduced to new friends at the dinner party

The Deputy General Manager, Mr. Wu gave a welcome speech to the bikers and hosted the dinner. Note there is no alchole on the table as we plan to leave early the next day morning.

IF YOU ARE ANGRY ABOUT NO PHOTOS SHOWN, PLEASE DON'T DIRECTED IT AT ME. I JUST FOLLOWED THE DIRECTIONS GIVEN AND IT DIDN'T WORK. GO HERE IS YOU WANT THE WHOLE STORY. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345704

A breifing seccession was given right after the dinner about the route of the tour and general maintainance of the JH600

Road captain, Wang Hao gave tipps on riding technics as most Chinese bikers have little experience in riding bikes bigger than 250cc.

The JH600 mechanic, Mr. Zhou gave maintenance tipps to new owners.

Another late comer from Beijing took delivery of his new JH600 and was briefed by the technician.

Morning call was arranged at 6am and breakfast at 6:30am. By 7am all riders and support vehicles have gathered at the parking lot of Jialing Hotel.

Here is where we had lunch on way to Mianyang

We arrived Mianyang in the late afternoon. Only 330km covered because we ride slowly for the new owner to get used to the bikes and traffic conditions in Sichuan. An early rest again as we need to depart for Huang long 5am in the morning. Here is a pic of the road to Huang long

After parked our bikes at Huang long, we took a cable car up the top of the mountain (+4000m)

The youngest lad in our group (a GP125 racer) couldn't handle the rapid change of altitude and had a bloodly nose. We all agreed it must have been the beautiful Tibetian girls at the cable car station.

HAHAHA Franki man...no need to get frustrated!

Not sure what the problem is but I seriously know it's possible and other people have done it. Maybe it's a computer thing? I made this thread to clarify the instructions...maybe I wasn't clear in my previous explanation.

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com