Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hey Euphonious... 
    ...Was this you on Yan'An Road crossing Maoming Road at 6:30ish pm on Saturday? Saw a couple of cool bikes and they looked like yours. Thought I'd throw a shout out to see if my guess was correct.

Just having some fun with my new video cam I mounted on my bike. Sorry, the pic is rather blurred. The bikes were going fast.

-Wrangler

Hey.jpg

2. #2 Re: Hey Euphonious... 
    No, but that was me wearing my new red Converse Chuck Taylors, carrying a bag from Armani Shanghai and heading for my illegally parked limo ... just been to visit your mother ...

3. #3 Re: Hey Euphonious... 
    OK, now you are getting personal. Don't be talking about my Armani like that...

4. #4 Re: Hey Euphonious... 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Hey, Wrangler, I haven't been on the bike since dismantling my clavicle back in August (during a little ruckus with your mum in Jape's limo), so it's a safe bet that was Jape you saw. I actually was on Maoming Lu, but on my trusty pushbike, which is my preferred ride when doing my Armani shopping.

Then again, I haven't checked my bike in the last 24 hours...

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #5 Re: Hey Euphonious... 
    I think Wrangler works for grandma or Uncle and is on to you Jeff, why else would he be following you around Shanghai with his video camera? I don't believe for a minute it was accidental. I shall get my security guys to look into this and suggest that meanwhile you check your push-bike for bugs. I for one do not believe the rumours about you, Felix fits the profile more closely, maybe he has been getting over that side of town lately. Needs more investigation.

6. #6 Re: Hey Euphonious... 
    Actually Jape my motives are much more sinister. I am a member of a secret Chinese Government Bureau created to squeeze more yuan from you silly expatriates to further line the pockets of myself and my many comrades.

It is fortunate there was no talk on this forum regarding the latest Know-Bell recipient, otherwise this site would be shut down immediately.

My directive for this site has been to infiltrate and slowly convince the members of this forum NOT to buy domestically made motorcycles and slowly convince you to pay the high prices for Harleys, BMW's, and Ducati's here in China, specifically Shanghai. Why? So we can earn much more tax yuan from the bike sale than when you buy our domestic brands. In fact, we will soon be launching a new website, "myexpatmoto.com" and visitors to this site will soon be redirected to that site. One of the features of this site will be how to get all the proper licensing and plates for riding motorcycles in Shanghai through the many "consultants" I know.

I am encouraged by your purchasing of over-priced western-branded clothing (but made in China) such as Armani. I hope to see you one day on a Harley with a LV man-purse smoking our fine Chunghwa cigarettes.

-Wlangrer

P.S. Kindly refrain from speaking about my 妈妈 or you may find your visas revoked and your gas tanks filled with sugar...

Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    I think Wrangler works for grandma or Uncle and is on to you Jeff, why else would he be following you around Shanghai with his video camera? I don't believe for a minute it was accidental. I shall get my security guys to look into this and suggest that meanwhile you check your push-bike for bugs. I for one do not believe the rumours about you, Felix fits the profile more closely, maybe he has been getting over that side of town lately. Needs more investigation.

7. #7 Re: Hey Euphonious... 
    I don't know what this fuss was about. You guys got it all wrong. It was no Euphonius, nor Felix. I was just me, good old Milton riding around Shanghai on my JH600. I wasn't sneaking around visting nobody's mom, nor was I shopping at no Armani's, as my wardrob already overflowed with fake Armanis. I was just biking around to spread the word about how much my JH600 costs. I make stops at random spots and people invariably will gather around asking how much my "Harley" costs. I just correct their mistake for their own benefits and tell that it is just a Jialing, costing a bit over 30K RMB, a bit too much but a whopping 150K less than the real Harley. Most of them are disapointed that it wasn't a Harley and quickly lose interests before I get to complain about Jialing's ECU problems. Sometimes I need to take a break or get tired of people asking the same silly questions, I'd snap back "Why do you need to know how much it costs? Do you want to buy it from me"?
    My JH600 is an Asia version, unlike Euphonius'. I don't understand how Wrangler can miss that 4cm difference in height from a short distance. Grandma or Uncle should de-commission him immediately for commiting such a trivial mistake. It was really me though, going rather fast to my next stopping spot. There is no speed difference between my Asian version and Euphonius' European version.
    Regretably I didn' realize Wrangler was following me with a video cam, otherwise I'd have invited him for a beer and asked politely for his mother's phone number.

8. #8 Re: Hey Euphonious... 
    His mother is easy to find, she runs a house up on Maoming, but before Wlangrer pretends to be upset I should admit I knew all along she is just a front, his contact for dropping off the videos. I am sure his real mom is baking apple pie back in Kansas and supervising the pool-cleaning dude.

Milton, keep spreading the word, and keep buying those fake Armani, we cannot afford the Chinese to discover what all true Illuminati discover, Harleys and Ducattis are crap and that the western clothing trade started going down hill last century with fashion denim, pushup bras and silk underwear for men. If they really try hard to copy such nonsense machines and clothing it will be the beginning of the end and bring on the Disaster of the Millenium as foretold will come to pass in 2012. All enlightened souls purchase Chinese knockoffs to stave off this almost inevitable event.

I am sure Felix does have something to do with all this. Just instinct.

Wlangrer, you still don't fool me with your double agent/triple agent stance. You still ride a scooter pretending to be a motorcycle, that says it all.

9. #9 Re: Hey Euphonious... 
    My name has been thrown out too many times for me not to reply, but since i have nothing of value to add to this conversation, here's a monkey taunting a dog.

10. #10 Re: Hey Euphonious... 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    I want that clip as my avatar.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast