Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: JH600 and JH600 B fuel consumtion 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    "Wait a minute" is right ...

Isn't China the best place on earth for amazing one's friends with ... "and now for something completely different" ...

Where else can one zip around a tank testing ground on a military sidecar ... for fun?

Of course, as we all know, nobody back home actually believes our stories about what life is really like here.

Cool link nostalgie, thanks!

2. #12 Re: JH600 and JH600 B fuel consumtion 
    cool picture! hahaha, wonderful experience there!
    8L/100km was true, driving at 3rd speed at 6000rpm as a tractor from Suzhou to Shanghai, serving for a engine broken down Changjiang sidecar at 1st speed plus its 100kg+ rider .
    As a result, my JH600B sounds like a 100K km+ one, but still works great!
    CBF150 in town, JH600B worldwide...

3. #13 Re: JH600 and JH600 B fuel consumtion 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    I don't get nervous till my trip meter shows 350km since the last fill-up, even if I'm down to no bars on the gauge. That's a fair piece of distance.

cheers.
    Ditto with my JH600A (2-wheel) ... easily get 350 kms out of it.

I've now run several full tanks through my "B" (3-wheel) and I do about 250 kms before I start thinking about filling up. I hit 300 kms once, and it was 115 rmb to fill with 93 (usually 90 or 100 rmb). When I ride with CJs, they usually do two fill-ups for my one.

My 1600cc Victory sucks the gas like no tomorrow, but my little 125s ... I keep wondering if the gas gauge works because they always seems "full". And the 40 rmb fill is refreshing when they do finally get down.

4. #14 Re: JH600 and JH600 B fuel consumtion 
    C-Moto Guru
    You can easily do 400 km on the JH600 on a full tank of gas, I even just did 60 km on reserve (from the moment the light on the dashboard started blinking) before my bike got crated and put on the truck and it still wasn't empty.

You shouldn't really pay to much attention to those bars on the display. You can have 5 bars, but mostly the gas stations only fill up to 4 bars. Bar 4 and 5 disappear in no time!

I drained the gas tank once, when I suspected to have some water in my fuel. Display showed 2 bars, I forgot exactly how much I took out. But 5 x 2L bottle of coke for sure (+ perhaps another half bottle) + a bit at the bottom of the tank + a bit spilled (in my face, on my hands and the floor). So easily still 11 Liters in the gas tank, while it only showed 2/5 bars.
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

5. #15 Re: JH600 and JH600 B fuel consumtion 
    A 650cc single should get between 4 and 5 litres per 100 kilometres, depending on riding speed and conditions. At a constant 80 km/h it should get around 3.8-39 l/100 km. With several BMW F650 Funduros we achieved between 4.25 and 5.26 l/100 km. The latter figure running it at 140-160 km/h. On those bikes 165 km/h was absolutely flat out (laying on the fuel tank). The Jialing 600 (which has some styling cues from the Funduro) should be able to do 160, although there would not be too many places in China you'd do that. The Funduro was really nice to ride between 100 and 120 km/h and at those speeds it would easily do 300 km before refuelling. It had a 17 litre tank and we often put 14.5 litres in at 300 km (4.8 litres/100 km).

How are people lking the Jialing?

6. #16 Re: JH600 and JH600 B fuel consumtion 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewi Alley View Post
    How are people lking the Jialing?
    surprise - surprise.... countless posts and threads about the Jialing JH600 bikes (solo / sidecar) via: Advanced Search

7. #17 Re: JH600 and JH600 B fuel consumtion 
    The posts telling people to use the search function are now more annoying than posts that precede them.

Plus Rewi just posted a bunch of useful and relevant info, do we really need to shit on him for asking if people like the bike?

8. #18 Re: JH600 and JH600 B fuel consumtion 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    The posts telling people to use the search function are now more annoying than posts that precede them. Plus Rewi just posted a bunch of useful and relevant info, do we really need to shit on him for asking if people like the bike?
    mate, not pi@@ing on anyones parade, got time ~ feel free to copy and paste all the Jialing solo / sidecar bike info once again for the lazy people or the ones that do not understand how the the search function works and while your at it, do the same for license plates / driving license / etc. as exactly the same annoying questions pop up over and over and over again...

have a nice weekend, wherever you are......

9. #19 Re: JH600 and JH600 B fuel consumtion 
    Thanks Felix for taking care!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12