Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Some winter rides 
    Howdy,

Sorry that most of you are freezing your butts off in another China winter. Life here is tough enough, I don't think I could hack it without the warm weather of Guangdong and the 12 month riding season. So I figured I would post a hodge podge of pics from various rides from the last few weeks. Nothing epic, just having fun and enjoying two wheels.

Richardktm and I went out for a road blast to so he could check out the XTR in full motard form. Passing the usual scenery as we made our way out of the Peal River delta.

Happiness is a new bike.

True happiness is great corners to ride your new bike on.

The following week I was waiting for my new TGR so I didn't have a dirt bike. Weather was dull and grey so I decided to follow Richardktm and andy74rc out to "the pit", a quarry / refinery where we go to play motocross. They had fun while I tried to get some pics, unfortunately it was just too dark for decent photos.

Finally my TGR arrived

Watching my enduro coach, andy74rc, teach me some new maneuvers.

This hill is our nemesis. So far it has claimed one set of handlebars and a bit of pride.

That brief moment before you say "oh shit", this won't end well.

Salt and Pepper TGR's.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 01:29 AM.

2. #2 Re: Some winter rides 
    ChinaV,
    Great photos and scenery. I'll have to steal the sofa ones.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #3 Re: Some winter rides 
    C-Moto Guru
    And thats the solution for our northern friends:

4. #4 Re: Some winter rides 
    As usual, great pictures chinaV i'm looking forward to another blast around the pit when my ribs are healed! haha
    See you in a few days for some wrenching riding and beers Rich

p.s. we don't have a wrenching icon or someone hitting something with a hammer to be more presice!

5. #5 Re: Some winter rides 
    damn you and your summer in the winter!

Great pics, don't hesitate to post more attempts at the nemesis hill!

6. #6 Re: Some winter rides 
    Quote Originally Posted by richardktm View Post
    i'm looking forward to another blast around the pit when my ribs are healed!
    Rich, did you manage to make it up that hill. If not, I'd expect more from an old hand such as your self! What's up with your ribs, is a bit of osteoporosis setting in?!

Gonna try and get all set in time for CNY and Hainan. Probably get the train down hopefully with a new toy in the freight car. Can you speak to Tom and find out where we embark to Hainan from as I may have to pop by Yangshuo to pick up my kit. Could be a good ride down from there. Rather like the Beihai trip that lot did. Cheers mate.

7. #7 Re: Some winter rides 
    Holiday week and not much going on at the office, the boys from Shenzhen (Richardktm & Mfpthebronze) decided to finally come by and pick up their bikes sad to see my babies go.

Anyway, we had some fun bombing around my hood, followed by consumption of adult beverages and swapping lies.

First day out with the girls...next time, just send the girls, OK?

Second day out, time for the boys to play.

A little time off-road as well.

I think we were busting Mfpthebronze's dirt cherry.

And he appeared to have things well under control.

Plenty of good fun... Happy New Year!

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 01:30 AM.

8. #8 Re: Some winter rides 
    Thanks for your help and photography skills chinav, you managed to make us all look quite competent riders on this last set. The girls really enjoyed themselves and we all want to thank you and your wife for the overwhelming hospitality you showed us all.IMG_0460 (Custom).jpgIMG_0458 (Custom).JPGIMG_0466 (Custom).JPGIMG_0486 (Custom).jpgIMG_0471 (Custom).jpg
    Here's a few goofy photo's to balance your perfectly framed ones. Happy New Year.
    ps i forgot my log book for the xtr so work me out a route back to yours and i'll come do some more riding in the new year.
    cheers
    Rich

9. #9 Re: Some winter rides 
    Quote Originally Posted by richardktm View Post
    Thanks for your help and photography skills chinav, you managed to make us all look quite competent riders on this last set. The girls really enjoyed themselves and we all want to thank you and your wife for the overwhelming hospitality you showed us all.

ps i forgot my log book for the xtr so work me out a route back to yours and i'll come do some more riding in the new year.
    Obviously my wife is the hospitality queen, I'm only allowed to do things in the garage. Glad everyone had a good time, it was great having you folks here, and look forward to riding with you soon.

Cheers!
    ChinaV (& Mrs. ChinaV)

10. #10 Re: Some winter rides 
    So here we are again... the weekend, a bit of sunshine and temps above 20ºC.

It was a cold, wet, nasty week, and andy74rc and I were pretty happy with the turn in the weather. We spent Saturday morning twiddling and tinkering on the TGR's and finally hit the trails after lunch. Nothing too exciting, just our usual foolishness. If andy74rc sees a hill, he goes for it...I'm just there for the pictures .

A fun day, and we even managed to find a couple of new single track trails. Good stuff .

Since we managed to make it home on Saturday without any broken bones or damage to the bikes, we decided to give it another go on Sunday. Grey skies and little colder, but still a good day for a jaunt through the jungle. I made it through a tight spot and stopped, I could hear the idle of a bike not far away and thought I heard someone yell *&^%# (something that rhymes with stuck). I wasn't sure if that word meant help, or oh shit my bike fell over, so I ran up the hill to find my friend. My first reaction was, don't move, I need to get the camera out, but somehow it came out as, "are you OK, are you hurt?" He said he was fine, but stuck in a hole, so I said "good, hold on, and let me get the camera out!" .

So I helped him get out of the hole, and then wasted time photographing my bike, while he tried to remove a half kilo of dirt from his helmet and riding gear. I'm a big help.

Later on we came upon a massive pile of trash, which I felt obligated to stop and pose next to.

And then on to some more great trails and riding... another fine winter weekend.

And a bit of video from Mister Shaky Cam. I tried that site Youku, with its crap interface, pitiful upload speed, and destruction via compression, no thanks. Normally I would use Vimeo, but I know how painful proxy video is for most of you, so I'm trying Viddler. The video was in 720p HD and I cut it in half to 640x360, does anyone know a way to make vbulletin display the video at 640x360 instead of the strange 437X288 size shown bellow?

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Fixed Photos

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast