Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. #41 Re: Maintenance On New Konker SM200 (Qingqi, Qlink) 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    Here is the front end assembled again.
    What I noticed when I first put the front wheel on out of the crate and when I put it on again today is that the wheel seems to not be centered. I measured each side and it seems that the wheel is about 5mm to the left (looking at this picture from the front). I looked at the wheel spacer and the speedo drive and brake caliper and everything is mount correctly. Any one else notice this on their Qingqi bikes? I have an '80's Honda that is off a little also, but it doesn't seem to affect anything. Just curious if this is common on different bikes.
    Yep - when fiddling with my Loncin/CCM I noticed the new knobbly front tyre is close to the fork gaiter on the LH side but clears the RH side by about 1/4". Does seem to be a common thing - even my 2008 XTZ660 Tenere had the wheel offset to one side ...

Intention with the CCM is to turn up a new LH side wheel spacer say 1/8" longer than the original - the caliper self centres so this should sort the "issue" - will let you know how I get on . I suspect it is nothing more than a cosmetic problem but it bothers me every time I notice it !!

2. #42 Re: Maintenance On New Konker SM200 (Qingqi, Qlink) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Got my daughter out riding a couple of times. Of course in the process she dropped the bike which is to be expected. I had not got around to putting any guards on the clutch and brake levers, so the front brake lever got broke. Looked through my spare parts and couldn't find anything that fit, so I took off the front brake lever from my KLR 650. Bolted right on! I ordered a new one from the local Kawasaki dealer and a few days later had it installed. So if you break a front brake lever of a Qingqi 200 a lever from a KLR will fit.
    1976 Honda GL1000 (work in progress)
    1983 Honda CX650E
    1997 Kawasaki KLR 650
    2010 Konker SM200

3. #43 Re: Maintenance On New Konker SM200 (Qingqi, Qlink) 
    Good to know, thanks spook!

4. #44 Re: Maintenance On New Konker SM200 (Qingqi, Qlink) 
    C-Moto Noob
    hey spook i also have purchased a konker sm 200, except i bought mine used with 5000 k on it. I am interested in buying off road tires for the bike and i noticed you have a back motocross tire on your bike. I am new to the world of motorcycles and i was hoping you could tell me the dementions, wheel size, brand, where to purchase them. Thanks again great pictures and posts!

5. #45 Re: Maintenance On New Konker SM200 (Qingqi, Qlink) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thread #26 and #30 gives the tire size. I cannot remember who I bought them from, but most online dealers will have something similar in size. They work well.
    1976 Honda GL1000 (work in progress)
    1983 Honda CX650E
    1997 Kawasaki KLR 650
    2010 Konker SM200

6. #46 Re: Maintenance On New Konker SM200 (Qingqi, Qlink) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bojer View Post
    Yep - when fiddling with my Loncin/CCM I noticed the new knobbly front tyre is close to the fork gaiter on the LH side but clears the RH side by about 1/4". Does seem to be a common thing - even my 2008 XTZ660 Tenere had the wheel offset to one side ...

Intention with the CCM is to turn up a new LH side wheel spacer say 1/8" longer than the original - the caliper self centres so this should sort the "issue" - will let you know how I get on . I suspect it is nothing more than a cosmetic problem but it bothers me every time I notice it !!
    Just an assumption, since the bike has one brake disc and the caliper is braced to one side of the fork, could this offset be helpful in preventing side pull when braking ? I just had the idea but it's the only explanation I could think of since this happens in at least three different bikes (mentioned in the thread).

just my 2c
    Last edited by ivojara; 01-15-2015 at 04:46 PM. Reason: typo

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345