Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
Here is the front end assembled again.
What I noticed when I first put the front wheel on out of the crate and when I put it on again today is that the wheel seems to not be centered. I measured each side and it seems that the wheel is about 5mm to the left (looking at this picture from the front). I looked at the wheel spacer and the speedo drive and brake caliper and everything is mount correctly. Any one else notice this on their Qingqi bikes? I have an '80's Honda that is off a little also, but it doesn't seem to affect anything. Just curious if this is common on different bikes.
Yep - when fiddling with my Loncin/CCM I noticed the new knobbly front tyre is close to the fork gaiter on the LH side but clears the RH side by about 1/4". Does seem to be a common thing - even my 2008 XTZ660 Tenere had the wheel offset to one side ...

Intention with the CCM is to turn up a new LH side wheel spacer say 1/8" longer than the original - the caliper self centres so this should sort the "issue" - will let you know how I get on . I suspect it is nothing more than a cosmetic problem but it bothers me every time I notice it !!