Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1. #121 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    I found the EPA certificate on the YGR3R, its AYNGC.250MML-002, it is from 2010.

Unfortunately Yingang has not filed a VIN decoding document with the NHSTA….LY4 is their WMI they are listed but they have no coding document on file….so anyone that buys one in the USA may or may not be able to get it registered?

49 cfr part 565 vehicle identification number requirements
    Last edited by MJH; 04-21-2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: YINGANG YGR3

2. #122 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    about the guoIII/EFI YG250NF, their project leader has given out word it will be taken purchase order on 1st of July. Plus a few changes from current model, including new fuel tank, LED speedometer, new radiator, head light (2 version), front mud guard. No word about the intake Pod filter so far.
    As mentioned previously the complete new designed version will not be ready this year, as the upcoming one is for local market appetite complying GuoIII emmision policy.
    Last edited by td_ref; 04-21-2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: air filter

3. #123 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Sounds very interesting. I look forward to getting a look at the new model and hope that someone does a review on it...
    ...ChinaV? You would be the ideal person to compare both the old and new bikes and you take some really nice photos .

4. #124 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    I already have the new radiator, the original one developed a leak from the fan shroud rubbing against the cooling channel. Yingang handled it well and sent me a new one in less than 3 days. The other upgrades are of little or no interest to me, but it's always nice to see improvement and I think they will help with the perception of value.

I have about 3000 kilometers on the bike so far and I'm more or less happy with it. As a commuter, it's small, light and quick, with just enough power to make the ride to work fun. I can get over 400 kilometers out of a tank of gas and it looks like the tires will probably make it to 3500 kilometers before needing replacement.

Two things that still bother me with the bike:

The very obnoxious engine noise coming through the pod air filter. It's just WAY too loud for my taste, but I hate loud bikes, so others may not be bothered with it.

The brakes still feel like mush. I have spent far too many hours trying to get the brakes to give good feel at the lever and just can't get them to work correctly. I think the ones Yingang is using are shit. You can stand on the rear and almost never get it to lock. The front stops great, but requires far too much lever effort.

Soberpete... if I was doing it again, I would buy the YBR. It would be a better long term investment for my commuting needs.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

5. #125 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post

...engine noise...
    ...The brakes still feel like mush...

Soberpete... if I was doing it again, I would buy the YBR. It would be a better long term investment for my commuting needs.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Sorry to hear that you spent so much time trying to tweak those breaks and couldn't get the results you wanted.
    If it wasn't for the EURO3 change at the beginning of this year then I would probably be riding a Yingang right now. I should count myself very lucky for things turning out the way that they did.

You hate loud bikes? You would LOVE the YBR .
    The front break is very sharp but the back has felt very soft recently. I should tighten it up at the back a.s.a.p.

Take care and stay sober...
    Pete

6. #126 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    OK, I am reviving this thread due to some guy on chinariders.net inquiring about Yingang's enduros, which got me to the US distributor for Yingang, Massimo, and looking at the Yingang bikes available in the US:

http://www.massimomotor.com/product....inGang%20Motor

Beside the naked street bike from this thread, any other word on Yingang's bikes?

7. #127 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 

8. #128 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I just chatted with a sales lady from YG. She wrote Guo3 will be available first in October. The price will be most likely above 16k. At present they have a prototype still being under development.

9. #129 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by macieq View Post
    I just chatted with a sales lady from YG. She wrote Guo3 will be available first in October. The price will be most likely above 16k. At present they have a prototype still being under development.
    That's great news. Curious whether the changes being prototyped related only to the fuel system or are addressing some of the other design and performance issues that ChinaV has discussed. In any case, it's great news that riders in China will have a slightly broader range of choice in that 250cc range with the arrival of the China3-compliant YG250NF, or whatever the new designator will be.

By the way, what gives with ChinaV??? Not a peep or a post in weeks!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #130 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    C-Moto Noob
    OK, I'm dying to hear more about this bike! Someone in the U.S. please pull the trigger and order one of these bikes! Ha! I just bought a left-over Baja Phoenix 250 from the Pep Boys/Baja Motorsports fallout, so my Missus says "no more bikes". I take that statement to mean for "now". I've been flipping machines as of late and she's getting irritated with me. I've found a couple of on-line U.S. retailers that are selling the bikes here:

http://www.mxmotorsports.us/YINGANG-.../yg-250-nf.htm

http://www.motobuys.com/yinyang-yg250nf-mass.html

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast