Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    ChinaV,
    Is that plate,gasket, and bolts in you free gift box used to block off the Secondary Air Injection?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #22 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    MHJ,
    My Qlink XF200 only has a 24 month warranty.

I emailed MXmotorsports for information on the bike.
    My email to MX:
    Dear Sirs,
    Do you really have the YINGANG YG-250-NF Street Motorcycle?

The features list it as a Roketa MC51.

Thanks,

Their reply:

yes

Sincerely

Rick@

Miami Warehouse location:

Mx Global inc.
    4905 NW 72nd Ave. #6
    Miami, FL 33166

I asked if I could see the bike in Miami and got this respose

"No it is located in TX I have them shipped to my Miami location on request for purchase then we prep 100% for you!"

????

Last edited by barnone; 12-29-2010 at 06:42 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #23 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    They are in Texas because they were inventory for SUNL and before they filed bankruptcy.

SUNL
    8551 Esters Blvd Irving, TX 75063

This guy may not even own these, he just has access to them,
    Try this guy... Slater Bakhtavar

http://www.bakhlaw.com/

I would ask if they could offer any information about SUNL and who would be handling any liquidations.

Maybe that is what ERIC did? If they give you nothing then ask should I just call the secretary of state of Texas.

If this guy does not own them, then you can buy them just as he can.

4. #24 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    ChinaV,
    Is that plate,gasket, and bolts in you free gift box used to block off the Secondary Air Injection?
    Yes, nice of them to provide the necessary block off plate for removing that pesky environmental stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Looking forward to hearing your impressions on the engine after it's run it, maybe it needs more revs to come alive? Do you plan any intake mods, like replace that pod filter with something that breathes better? Perhaps this would release some of the engine's potential.

Still it's impressive the amount of free stuff you got with it, can't say i've ever heard of getting that with any other bike.

I've just noticed that it comes with the same tyres as the Galaxy in motard form. I've had lots of fun with them, but then i've never tried real sticky ones...
    I will post some more ride impressions soon. I don't want to rev it too much, but… I can say it's got some serious pep in the 5500-7500 rev range. Air box/pod mods are on the list and the tires are fine, the Kenda's are probably one of the best locally produced tires available. Maybe treat myself to something imported after these wear out.

Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    Well lets see how it goes. I would want one on looks, specs and sales service alone but then reality kicks in and China V has already said it as it is.

However, it IS a CHINABIKE and Chinabike cheap and should compare with other designs there, not jap bikes or other well-established brands. They are obviously not close to being up there yet with manufacturing quality control and methods which is a bloody shame. Those welds would worry me too, a lot. Not just the poor weld but the fact they couldn't be bothered to scrape/grind off spatter before a quick spray of the kind of black paint that doesn't look very weatherproof. Lets hope it is better inside than out. That last weld shows a lack of understanding of engineering, how welds are done, how the frame should be cut and joined, not just a hot blow with holes trying to fill a too large gap.

And in the USA that link shows $2499 but also just 95% FREE assembly (lol) and just a 6 months warranty. No-one is yet learning about sales and backup, all just dump the crate and run ...
    Yup, it's a China bike, I live in China, otherwise I wouldn't be interested. I only paid a thousand USD more for my slightly used Concours 1000 in America . Why mess with the unknown, when there are so many great deals on established brands, with great support, available in Europe, America, Aus, etc? China will get there, it's just going to take a lot more time and some serious consolidation in the MC industry. Give me a QingQi, with Yingang customer service, the location and open mind of Galaxy, and I would almost be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
    Nice bike and write up V. Comments/concerns about the frame welds and paint quality have already been posted. Just curious, are the oil filters just screens or is there paper media underneath?
    Where could I see some of those comments? The oil filters are just screens, but I think Andre555 in Kunming mentioned something about getting paper ones for the Honda NX that work.

Stay tuned… still testing and tinkering.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

5. #25 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    Mod#1

The stock handlebars felt like they belong on a cruiser. I had a set of motocross bars lying around, and although not quite perfect, a heck of a lot better.

A bit more aggressive and much better feel when cornering.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 01:55 AM.

6. #26 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    Looks way better already! How about flipping those bars upside down to make the riding position even sportier?

I like the clocks. How accurate are they?

7. #27 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    The welding is not good, intake someone mentioned before, now I see it was about pod filter (I'm disappointed). BTW, someone managed to replace stock carb with a larger 34mm one. With aftermarket air filter, engine breath better should unleash more power at high rev.

Mr. V, does “Serious pep” means lack of engine power (or torque?) in that rev range?

Cheers.
    TD

8. #28 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    Those bars make much more sense and look way more appropriate.

The frame welds are questionable and they are also located in an area that is hard to see unless you take things off. I would water proof it and keep an eye on them for cracking.

I would not say your encouraging people to buy them, but you may or may not be inadvertently.

There is another site in the USA selling them and this one at $2,475.00 delivered.
    http://www.motobuys.com/yinyang-yg250nf-mass.html

9. #29 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    Quote Originally Posted by td_ref View Post
    Mr. V, does “Serious pep” means lack of engine power (or torque?) in that rev range?
    No it means the opposite, that there's good power in those revs! Sounds nice.

10. #30 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post

Where could I see some of those comments? The oil filters are just screens, but I think Andre555 in Kunming mentioned something about getting paper ones for the Honda NX that work.
    Meaning that others have already expressed thier concerns about the quality (or lack) of the welds and the frame paint. I do like the looks of the bike though. Reminds me of the Hyosung 250/650 Comets.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast