Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Hi V,

correct the HiFlo Filter HF112 fits perfect. Its available on Taobao http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=8470335355
    But quiete expensive there, I bought in Germany and it was less then 2EUR, I remember.

For the airbox - have a look at the Airbox of the X2, it looks quiete decent. I will take some pictures.
    It's "copy", mean inspired by some KTM, so the filter can be replaced with decent european stuff, if needed.

Yes this engine has "pep", mine has pep also in lower revs, probably due to the gearing.
    What sprockets are on the bike? I hardly get over 100km/h, I guess they are geared totally different.
    I dont have a tachometer, so not sure what revs I run.

2. #32 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Looks way better already! How about flipping those bars upside down to make the riding position even sportier?

I like the clocks. How accurate are they?
    I'm too old for low bars. The height of the new ones is pretty good, wish they had a little more space before the bend, as the switches and levers barely fit.

The console/gauges are great. Easy to read, with no flutter, it's nice to have a gear indicator. Unfortunately the speedo is way out. I tested with GPS yesterday. 100km/h = GPS 84km/h ... High speed run at 145 km/h = GPS 128 km/h. She didn't have much left, and I don't think you will get much more than 130km/h out of her.

Quote Originally Posted by td_ref View Post
    BTW, someone managed to replace stock carb with a larger 34mm one. With aftermarket air filter, engine breath better should unleash more power at high rev.

Mr. V, does “Serious pep” means lack of engine power (or torque?) in that rev range?

Cheers.
    TD
    As Felix mentioned, serious pep means it is making good power. Thanks for sharing the info on the 34mm carb and air filter, I might look into those changes later. For now, I would like to find more low end power. The air cooled bikes I've had seemed to have much more torque.

Quote Originally Posted by andre555 View Post
    Hi V,

correct the HiFlo Filter HF112 fits perfect. Its available on Taobao http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=8470335355
    But quiete expensive there, I bought in Germany and it was less then 2EUR, I remember.

For the airbox - have a look at the Airbox of the X2, it looks quiete decent. I will take some pictures.
    It's "copy", mean inspired by some KTM, so the filter can be replaced with decent european stuff, if needed.

Yes this engine has "pep", mine has pep also in lower revs, probably due to the gearing.
    What sprockets are on the bike? I hardly get over 100km/h, I guess they are geared totally different.
    I dont have a tachometer, so not sure what revs I run.
    Hi André, thanks for Taobao link… ¥66.00 , is stupid expensive. Those filters should cost ¥15.00 at most. Think I will wait until my next trip to Hong Kong to get some.

A couple MCM members from Shenzhen were hanging at my house for the last few days and we had some good rides. Still a lot of things I want to do with the bike, but too busy .

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 01:56 AM.

3. #33 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 

4. #34 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    Quote Originally Posted by andre555 View Post
    Sorry André, I missed your question.

520 Chain
    13 Tooth Front Sprocket
    44 Tooth Rear Sprocket.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

5. #35 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    So Lorne, you going to drop that rear cog back a bit and fly along faster? Or is it better to have the gearing set up like that in China?
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

6. #36 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    So Lorne, you going to drop that rear cog back a bit and fly along faster? Or is it better to have the gearing set up like that in China?
    Of corse there's chinese product (quality still a big ?) BUT familiar brands in West that made in Thailand can esaily bought in Hongkong (ChinaV's distance to HK is shorter than ur "next big town" trip ).

7. #37 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    I meant, is it better to stay with the original set up, riding in China on Chinese roads, set up as is with the lower speed torque rather than top speed, (especially as China V has faster bikes already lol).

But I know what you mean, if I had my life all over again, I probably would choose to live in China somewhere down that way! I love toys, spend my pension on them all the time instead of paying bills, catching up with not having things when younger (they didn't even exist then); just finally got an Mp3/4 player (Chinese) for $30 including speakers, and a little HD TV, 12volt for if I go camping (also Chinese) and a generator and all my cloths and just about everything I own is Chinese made and I love them! I have all sorts of things I don't need like GPS and knives and swords and walkie talkies and bluetooth headsets and so on, all made in or exported from HK or Shanghai. Thats not the only reason I would like to live there of course but the child in me responds to all that stuff. Sorry, off topic.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

8. #38 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    I meant, is it better to stay with the original set up, riding in China on Chinese roads, set up as is with the lower speed torque rather than top speed.
    Jape, the bike seems to be geared just fine as it is. It's only a commuter for me, so running over 120km/h will probably never happen. Given the complexity of sprocket hunting for Chinese bikes, I think I will leave it as is.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

9. #39 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    Decided to dig in and get rid of the smog pump (S.A.I. secondary air injection). Not really a performance mod, as all it does is inject air into the exhaust to burn off excess gasses, but it was part of the mess of hoses and holes in the shroud covering the air filter. The SAI valve unit is circled in red in the upper left hand corner, the vacuum operated fuel petcock is circled in green in the center, and the air intake shroud is circled in red in the lower right hand corner. Quite a mess of hoses, and the air box shroud is total shit.

On the front of the engine, next to the exhaust pipe, you will find the intake point for the SAI.

Fortunately I already have a block off plate, gasket and screws.

Next I wanted to tidy up all the hoses and relocate the fuel filter.

Don't forget to block off the suction point once you've removed the SAI. You can trim a small piece of fuel line and put a screw in it.

Vroom, Vroom... go riding.

Bike is running better without the shroud surrounding the pod air filter. I see no need for jetting changes, maybe a couple percent improvement in power. I'm not a competent engine tuner, I would like opinions on replacing the pod filter with a smaller or larger K&N unit. Bottom end is where the bike suffers the most, but it's getting better .

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 01:57 AM. Reason: barnone taught me a lesson.

10. #40 Re: ChinaV's new Yingang YG250NF (YG250-6) 
    Seems you are getting to like it! I like the looks of it more and more, especially from the front, more retro. with that round headlamp and paired dials. If it had drop handlebars it could almost be a Norton or Triumph.

You don't think the air filter is now too exposed to dust and moisture and crap that near the back wheel? Is it open frame there or is there a cover below? If not I would put the shroud back (in winter at least), and maybe just drill the upward facing half into a colander for air flow!

As it is just for commuting, you won't change that front mudguard either then? I got a DVD with a bike magazine recently and watched it, trying out a new super expensive, highly desired Tenere or BMW or something large and fancy in the ADV bike line across Australia alongside a bunch of other bikes. First mud-hole it jammed to a halt, then got jammed up, cleared, towed a few times, then a couple of miles up the road when they got back on fast tarmac, what crap was left under the mudguard compacted and heated up and exploded the front tyre ending up in nasty outback trip to Hospital for the rider and it could have been much worse. So it isn't just a story. It is very bad and dangerous design for any bike going into mud with sticks, gravel and loose soil, ever.

Every time I see your bike and all those JH600's that Herr Pfaelzer didn't get his competent hands on now, I shudder. Just a thought .
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast