Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: GW250 Suzuki

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: GW250 Suzuki 
    Pricing for the GW250 In the USA is still TBA, rumors have it forecasted at an MSRP at under $4,500.00 USD.
    In the USA the color option will be Black, that’s it. Is that a testament to the conservationism of American Consumers or the Dealer Network? You have to wonder about what is behind the limitation? They always offer very limited color choices here?
    Last edited by MJH; 06-25-2013 at 11:47 PM.

2. #52 Re: GW250 Suzuki 
    So the US price is TBA, what about the sales starting date? I assume that is TBA as well.
    No idea why they offer black as the only option - guess it doesn't matter much for a factory what color to paint their bikes in...
    Could probably be some market research thing, though.
    Still, I can see quite a few ladies wanting a lovely red 250.

3. #53 Re: GW250 Suzuki 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Halt View Post
    Still, I can see quite a few ladies wanting a lovely red 250.
    I have heard that red is now a color option inside China, in addition to the black and the grey. Personally, I have only seen a couple of reds, but dozens of blacks & greys (black seem to be the most popular). But you are right, female riders I have spoken to all want the red color.

I was out with a group of GW riders on an expressway (allowed around Beijing). Our speedos displayed >140 kph for a brief period of time, with a bit more throttle left. One guy claimed he hit 150. Unfortunately, none of us had a GPS with us to record GPS speed.

Seemed fine & stable at 120 .. .130 started to feel we were pushing it ... 140 was not entirely comfortable. Moving over 140 started to raise concerns. By the way, the speed limit was 120, IIRC.

Continues to be a good bike, with no reported issues from anyone I know who has one. The bike has become immensely popular in Beijing - I see a lot of them running around.

I think the new version with a fairing will be popular for expressway riders. Without a fairing / windscreen, it seems the bike's seating position (just slightly tilted forward) creates a bit of an air-catcher, pushing against the body and forcing one's ass to rise. If, however, you fully lean into the tank, one minimizes that effect, but it is uncomfortable to be hugging the tank on a bike this size. I put a little sport windscreen on mine, and it helps with the aerodynamics ... just enough to deflect the wind off the mid-section ... but it is now directed towards my helmet (creates a stiff neck).

4. #54 Re: GW250 Suzuki 
    I'd love to test ride one on a kart track or on a twisty mountain road. Thing is I'll probably get a 600 just because I'm scared that another 250cc bike will be unfulfilling, even though I suspect 95% of the time it will be enough bike. If it was just a 350, then I'd be certain that it was enough.

5. #55 Re: GW250 Suzuki 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    I'd love to test ride one on a kart track or on a twisty mountain road.
    There was one guy riding with us who is an active track racer. We went through some VERY twisty roads and the guy completely left the rest of us in his dust by the first turn. About 30 kms later, we caught up to him, where he had stopped, washed his bike, filled it with gas, finished lunch, watched a movie on his iPad, and had already picked up a girl. Confirmed that I am, indeed, a granny rider. I'm ok with that ... the girl wasn't that good looking.

If you make it up to Beijing, you can try a GW out.

6. #56 Re: GW250 Suzuki 
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH
    If you make it up to Beijing, you can try a GW out.
    Great offer, but the wife and kids not inclined to allowing days away from home.

7. #57 Re: GW250 Suzuki 
    In Japan the GW250 is called a GSR250 and sits under the GSR400, Japan has some regulations on motorcycles that when they exceed 400cc the insurance rates take a big leap up. These regulations, as any regulations do, create market forces, for instance the learner class in the UK creates a booming market for 125cc models, in Japan the under 400cc are more affordable to insure and that generates interest the 400cc. Also the regulations save lives, experienced riders should not really be encouraging new riders to buy up prematurely, telling them things like they will loses interest in the smaller displacement model, HD entry level bike is an 883 they make up for that by offering allot of sponsorship of rider training courses. They used to use the Buell Blasts for training bikes, that tells you something doesn't it.

GSR400

The next logical bike for Haojue could it be a GSR400? But didn't China at one time embrace the 400cc Japanese bikes as a limit once, then backed off that and set limits to under 250cc? Not hard limits but limited market access, as the bigger bike exist they are just restricting access to them with high prices in the market.

Anyway I see the GSR400 as a very cool bike. I think if they made them in China they could send some over to the USA I would consider that bike seriously, if priced right . It would need to be priced under the new Honda CB500.

As for Honda in China they really should consider manufacturing the VTR250 there, it be good response to the GW250 Suzuki.

VTR250

If priced under $5,000.00 USD I believe they could sell a few VTR250 in the US, maybe more then the CBR250? Honda also now offers a VTR-F, to cut the wind better.
    Last edited by MJH; 04-07-2014 at 02:21 PM.

8. #58 Re: GW250 Suzuki 
    The GW250 is being sold in the USA MSRP $3.999.00...however you can get them for less than that out the door.
    Only offered in Black for the US Market.

9. #59 Re: GW250 Suzuki 

10. #60 Re: GW250 Suzuki 

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast