Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: GW250 Suzuki

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 GW250 Suzuki 
    Has Suzuki launched the GW250 in China…yet?

I’m not able to embed a YOUKU video, but here is a link to one of the GW250.

Here are some images of it, do not bother to do an internet search on the bike you will find a bunch of regurgitation's about it, it's not listed in Suzuki’s global site…but they say offered in china on other sites and the rest of the markets in 2011-2012?

Does Suzuki translate to King of Swords the Chinese people can be funny, humorous in conversations. Will Hajoie be making the Baby King? They have been testing it for some time.

2. #2 Re: GW250 Suzuki 
    25,000-30,000 CYN so they say….I think if they cannot get initially 20,000-25,000 then it may not sell so well.

People are comparing the YG250-6 to the GW250 as well as the YBR250.…they also say that Haojue may not have the capacity to meet the demand for global production of that model? Keep in mind that the lower the price the higher the demand. Then sometimes opening Pandora's box, she jumps out and hits you with a pie.

3. #3 Re: GW250 Suzuki 
    Seems that the GW250 launch is still fourth coming, rumor has it will be offered first in India however it is not listed on Suzuki Motorcycle India website.

4. #4 Re: GW250 Suzuki 
    Twin cylinder, 26hp, japanese reliability, B-king looks, it all sounds good. The price will be the make or break i reckon. At 25000 it'll be a YBR250 killer, at 30k or more it'll be a hard sell against JH600s and CF650s.

5. #5 Re: GW250 Suzuki 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Twin cylinder, 26hp, japanese reliability, B-king looks, it all sounds good. The price will be the make or break i reckon. At 25000 it'll be a YBR250 killer, at 30k or more it'll be a hard sell against JH600s and CF650s.
    With a radiator and fuel injection, I can't see it at the same price as the YBR250. I would buy it for certain if it came out at 25.

6. #6 Re: GW250 Suzuki 
    Wow thats a nice looking bike. I wonder how long we have to wait to get it in the states.
    --
    Biking Newbie | Boston: Ninja 250 | Beijing: Citify E-Scooter | No Chinese License. :(
    My Novice Experiences in China | My Photography

7. #7 Re: GW250 Suzuki 
    I do not think it will be offered in the states or in china either, the price point in both markets is too low at around $4,000.00 or 26.177 CYN. All of its eventual production as capacity will be allotted to India and perhaps South America. Basically why would they sell them in a market that will not offer the most profit? China may not even have an adequate sales and support network, the US just does not offer a potential profit and really has low demand for that type of bike, the GS500 naked did not sell that well, the majority want the GS500F…naked bikes are not that popular in the USA. The GS500F is selling today for $4,399.00 so do not expect to see that model in the line-up.

8. #8 Re: GW250 Suzuki 
    Thats funny, it doesn't look all that naked to me, although I guess it is. Its annoying because the only small Sport / Standard bikes sold are the Ninja 250 and they Hyosung GT250. Everything else is Cruisers and DS bikes. The Ninja at least sells like crazy, I'd think Suzuki could take some of that market
    --
    Biking Newbie | Boston: Ninja 250 | Beijing: Citify E-Scooter | No Chinese License. :(
    My Novice Experiences in China | My Photography

9. #9 Re: GW250 Suzuki 
    It’s been covered the Ninja is a break-even bike for Kawasaki they make them in Thailand and sell them for little profit to lure new riders into the more profitable larger bikes. Honda is doing the same with the new CBR250R offering them for prices that represent low profit margins just to attract new riders.

Your right the GW250 is not really a naked bike, its half faired, but it seems the USA consumers wants the sport style of fully faired, they want the crouched racing posture also, lowered bars and rear mounted controls.

Suzuki could offer the bike in the USA as Kawasaki and Honda are with the same concept as them to bring in new riders…but the Thailand factories may be using more advanced manufacturing then the Chinese? The rough welds typically found on Chinese bike are not something that the Japanese are willing to sell in the USA. I am not sure if they have robotic welding at Haojue…or they do it all by hand? Most American consumers will turn there noises up to sloppy welds and any poor quality could damage the brand name.

10. #10 Re: GW250 Suzuki 
    The Hyosung GT250 has real quality issues, there are forums for those and some of the owners have had what I consider huge issues with things like cam chains breaking. They have a good warranty and I'd say need it, the dealer network for those is also under par. The bigger dealers that picked them up often dropped them…it's a higher technology bike and made in china…they may be lovable when running right…but who the heck wants a fast time bomb.

The GT250 is not manufactured in China, at least according to the EPA they have it as manufactured in Korea. It may be possible to purchase a version of the GT250 from Yinxiang as that Chinese manufacturer advertises it on it website.
    Last edited by MJH; 04-23-2011 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Clarification/Corrections

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast