Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Shanghai Inner Ring Number Plate Price & Registration Process 
    If you are getting the Regal Raptor, the sales people there will handle the plate process for you (for various fees, of course) so you don't have to do the actual process yourself. On a side note, I believe all the Raptors have been upgraded to electronic fuel injection so make sure to get that version for easier starts in the cold.

2. #12 Re: Shanghai Inner Ring Number Plate Price & Registration Process 
    Hey Wrangler,

Cheers for this. In fact I have been quoted the following breakdown without any bargaining at all (this was at the place at 189 Pubei Road that besides Regal Raptor are also seemingly dealers for Suzuki, BMW, Shineray, Beneli and Hyosung):

Regal Raptor DD250G: ¥16,800 (this is for the single rear shock, EFI, Twin Front discs, Single Rear disc and 28 litre tank, however I still think this is much too high - any opinions on this price are more than welcome?)
    Purchase Tax @ 10%: ¥1680
    Documents: ¥380
    Insurance: ¥220
    Road Tax: ¥120
    Document Transfer Fee: ¥500
    Commission: ¥300
    Number Plate: ¥46,000 (ouch!!!)

These are my best translations of their list, so some might have slightly the wrong translation. However, any comments on this would be welcome. Also, I do not think that I am going to be able to get my Shanghai Residence Card (申请上海市居住证 or simply B证), so anyone who has had success in getting a plate in their own name without a B Zheng then please speak up now. Much appreciated!

Also, if anyone can suggest a Regal Raptor dealership in Shanghai that have any sort of professionalism/ experience then this would also help; the people down at Pubei Lu were totally useless.

Cheers,
    Tommy

3. #13 Re: Shanghai Inner Ring Number Plate Price & Registration Process 
    Is yours watercooled? If not, it seems rather high but if so, it seems about right. But then again, it's my understanding that all the models went up 1K for EFI. You can probably negotiate another 1k off the entire amount. Just give them an offer. If you go on the chinese website you can see what the recommended price is. The shanghai prices are 2k more. I wasn't able to find another dealer. I called the headquarters office 6 months ago and at that time the pubei lu was their only dealership. For the street bikes I am thinking the Regal Raptors are overpriced in Shanghai. 8K more could get you a YBR250 I believe with a lot less worries.

4. #14 Re: Shanghai Inner Ring Number Plate Price & Registration Process 
    "Number Plate: ¥46,000 (ouch!!!)" WTF???? Double ouch and I thought that our fee at $48 was expensive.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

5. #15 Re: Shanghai Inner Ring Number Plate Price & Registration Process 
    Does anybody know of any sales outlets for the Regal Raptor in Shanghai? More specifically in the Minhang area?
    I'm a new rider and currently looking at 250cc's available in Shanghai. Does anybody have any info regarding what's hot or not? I like the look of the Honda CBR250, but i'm on a budget so a Chinese equivalent might be the better option. I'm still on my little scooter and desperately looking for my first 'real' bike.
    Another quickie if i may, regarding the shanghai plates. Are cheaper options available for use in the MinHang district, with an engine size of 250cc or under?

6. #16 Re: Shanghai Inner Ring Number Plate Price & Registration Process 
    C-Moto Guru
    I believe the one at 189 Pubei Road is about as close as you can get. That's 20-30 minutes walking distance from Shanghai South Railway Station. There is a motorcycle/scooter store just down the road west from Dragonriders on Wuzhong Lu that has a few Zongshen dual sport bikes but no Regal Raptors that I saw last time I was there.

7. #17 Re: Shanghai Inner Ring Number Plate Price & Registration Process 
    Quote Originally Posted by dewsnap View Post
    Another quickie if i may, regarding the shanghai plates. Are cheaper options available for use in the MinHang district, with an engine size of 250cc or under?
    MinHang is outside the inner ring right? There should be cheaper plates available there, around 7000 RMB if i remember correctly. You just won't be allowed to drive into town with them.

8. #18 Re: Shanghai Inner Ring Number Plate Price & Registration Process 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    MinHang is outside the inner ring right? There should be cheaper plates available there, around 7000 RMB if i remember correctly. You just won't be allowed to drive into town with them.
    I remember it as closer to 3000 or 4000, but it's a fee, not a purchase, so they are not transferable upon sale. These are the blue plates, as opposed to yeller.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #19 Re: Shanghai Inner Ring Number Plate Price & Registration Process 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    I remember it as closer to 3000 or 4000, but it's a fee, not a purchase, so they are not transferable upon sale. These are the blue plates, as opposed to yeller.

cheers
    Last I checked these were 17000. For foreigners however it depends upon your Visa. When I asked about this I was told that although I lived in Minhang, and worked in Songjiang, because my Visa was issued by a company in Pudong I was SOL for getting cheaper plates. Someone PLEASE prove me wrong on this, as I would happily get a C-Z plate for a new bike.

10. #20 Re: Shanghai Inner Ring Number Plate Price & Registration Process 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    I'll ask a rider when I go out today.

Then again, you could call these guys and have one custom made, assuming you are prepared to buy in lots of 100,000.

I always thought license plates were made in prison?
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast