Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 345671525 ... LastLast
  1. #41 Re: CCW 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    I spoke with a number of guys who I respect and have been riding for years.
    It was a my mother's husband and a friend of his, both with 70yrs riding combined under their belt, that convinced me to try the DF Bobber. For 2k it was worth the experiment. I think when I told them the bike was being delivered they were more excited than I was.
    Wasn't it due at your place today?
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

2. #42 Re: CCW 
    Jape i wish but no. March 1st is the expected delivery date.

3. #43 Re: CCW 
    I thought I read 3 days 3 days ago, sorry. Its afternoon 28th in Aus., so TOMORROW!
    Well, it isn't long, even with time-zones and date lines etc. Is it a leap year?

Just don't hold your breath - I got weekly updated delivery times from my China bike suppliers 100 km away from me, I actually ordered a Sachs (!) - starting with a week from payment, to 3 weeks, 4 weeks, another week, then a note saying the container hadn't landed, then another month with no answers to my emails and being put off on the phone until I threatened to turn up with biker mates and a shotgun and deal with it face to face. The next day the owner offered me the Kinlon instead. I just said OK and kept my fingers crossed. And even then it was a bad process, but all is well that ends well!

So hopefully you will get yours very soon and all will be great.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

4. #44 Re: CCW 
    it was a bad process, but all is well that ends well!

So hopefully you will get yours very soon and all will be great
    From your hands to god's eyes 28hrs and counting

5. #45 Re: CCW 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    The big advantage for me is that CCW is in my city and I can get one relatively easily.
    MJH,
    Since you are local to CCW, go ask them why they are misleading the public on their website about the Heist's engine size.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

6. #46 Re: CCW 
    CCW are just calling it a 250 and that’s nothing new in the industry. Most of the veteran on this site know that the Chinese call all the over 200cc single cylinder engines 250cc, they range from 223cc to 237cc its been discussed to no end in threads since as early as 2008. All of the 250cc ATV and motorcycle that are not sporting a version of the Honda Rebel engine or NX250 water-cooled or the Suzuki 250 are variations of other engines and not actually 250cc. The 18hp rating is not on the CCW site that I have seen, that claim is all over the sites selling the DongFang though.

The engine is rate at 14.5 or about that; 10.5kw @ 8000 rpm, its an OHV and has good low end torque but tops out earlier then a typical 200cc OHC engines. CCW rated it at 12.5 hp at the rear wheel on a Dyno and disclosed that in an interview in Cycle World.

They were told to disclose and also consider better engines…they are on that path so it seems the Hooligan should have the 250cc Suzuki engine that is a OHC 4-valve rated at 20hp.

7. #47 Re: CCW 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    CCW are just calling it a 250 and that’s nothing new in the industry. Most of the veteran on this site know that the Chinese call all the over 200cc single cylinder engines 250cc, they range from 223cc to 237cc its been discussed to no end in threads since as early as 2008. All of the 250cc ATV and motorcycle that are not sporting a version of the Honda Rebel engine or NX250 water-cooled or the Suzuki 250 are variations of other engines and not actually 250cc. The 18hp rating is not on the CCW site that I have seen, that claim is all over the sites selling the DongFang though.

The engine is rate at 14.5 or about that; 10.5kw @ 8000 rpm, its an OHV and has good low end torque but tops out earlier then a typical 200cc OHC engines. CCW rated it at 12.5 hp at the rear wheel on a Dyno and disclosed that in an interview in Cycle World.

They were told to disclose and also consider better engines…they are on that path so it seems the Hooligan should have the 250cc Suzuki engine that is a OHC 4-valve rated at 20hp.
    I am aware of the practice of calling a model a 250 when it is a smaller size but usually in the specs a reputable company states the real size of the engine.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

8. #48 Re: CCW 
    Those Heiwa's are pretty slick - but do they sell to the US? Even chrome isn't prompting to even translate their site ;)

9. #49 Re: CCW 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    I am aware of the practice of calling a model a 250 when it is a smaller size but usually in the specs a reputable company states the real size of the engine.
    I agree...sales people? I see a 75-85mph claimed top speed with then a 12 degree incline? Does that mean going down hill? Have you ever worked in sales? Their job is to sell it, that's why I say anyone is not everyone and in that any generic pitch is based on what assumption? I am not always right, nobody is, but for me it is all about specs and if they falsify them it will get pointed out. I stress I do not want "everyone" to avoid a decent product over a issue that would have not otherwise matter to them if it were pointed out to them.

You can edit your comment seems to have plenty of power if you want and also the one relating to my comment on speed and power being a matter of perception "on another thread" if you want.

Who is brainwashed Japper, it ain't me brother.

Like I sai we are moving into an era of open information, changes will by default follow what is relational not rational an in that manipulated through the application of logic, which is a form of manipulation...everyone knows that. lol

10. #50 Re: CCW 
    Quote Originally Posted by bighabeeb View Post
    Those Heiwa's are pretty slick - but do they sell to the US? Even chrome isn't prompting to even translate their site ;)
    only in Japan and very pricey.

this link is not in Japanese is it? http://www.heiwa-mc.jp/

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 345671525 ... LastLast