Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
  1. #151 Re: CCW 
    600cc bikes are considered beginner's bikes in the US. A Sportster is called a girls's bike by the faithful. Bikes are toys here for most.

The TU250X is a Japanese bike and the Ace is a Chinese bike. Ask any US biker what they would buy for about the same money? As far as one being more stylish than the other, that's just your opinion.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #152 Re: CCW 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    The TU250X is a Japanese bike and the Ace is a Chinese bike. Ask any US biker what they would buy for about the same money? As far as one being more stylish than the other, that's just your opinion.
    My opinion means more than most others'

At least in my mind....

The TU retails for $3999 according to Suzuki's site. The question is, would someone be swayed by a grand? Or will CCW itself, or its dealers, have to discount to move bikes like the 'big' guys, or even like the little guys, like Qlink?

Personally, I await their Hooligun which will be the most amazing, awesome bike out there at any cost and size ...

3. #153 Re: CCW 
    This bike has a 32.28 seat height, it has 18” rims front and back its fine for me small but not too small.

FTR223

SUV250

I do not know what it takes to get a bike through EPA…but this one shares a ridiculous amount of custom parts available for the FTR223.

4. #154 Re: CCW 

5. #155 Re: CCW 

Last edited by MJH; 04-20-2014 at 12:38 AM.

6. #156 Re: CCW 
    It is matter of taste…but I do not want the hard tail or suicide shifter or handle bars that extend above my head, its all uncomfortable.

That little bike could easily be customized to this version and I really would want to do that.

The seat is upright the shift straight up and down, I prefer a mono-shock and swing arm. If I had to avoid a collision I rather have the bike that could jump a curb and take turn with out it being outside a natural range of movement.
    Last edited by MJH; 04-20-2014 at 12:44 AM.

7. #157 Re: CCW 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I do not know what it takes to get a bike through EPA…but this one shares a ridiculous amount of custom parts available for the FTR223.
    Someone on chinariders was asking about a brand called Veli Motors and how to get it EPA'd. I think it was you who mentioned that the EPA certificate is different for a dirt bike vs. a on-road bike. Since Pitster Pro is selling some of the Galaxy bikes (or so it seems) such as the XTR 230, and is selling a line of "retro-street" bikes manufactured by who knows, perhaps he would consider adding the SUV 250 to his "retro" street lineup. It couldn't hurt to ask...

I would be curious how much interest this bike would bring to market in the US? It is definitely "stylish" along the line of those considering a CCW bike due to their style, and seems like something I would see here in Yuma with the snowbird/RV crowd. I could see people who would be interested in a TW200 and DR200, but are on a limited budget considering these. I don't understand the EPA rules (I am not sure if anyone does-including the EPA), but since this engine is already certified for Pitster's off-road bikes, coming from the same OEM (presumably), this bike could be imported already as an "off-road" bike? There are several states that would plate it such as AZ. My question is would Galaxy go the distance and get DOT approval, if they already have EPA?

MJH, you have a little bit of homework....

8. #158 Re: CCW 
    I do not know...I just think its a cool bike.

9. #159 Re: CCW 
    It is very cool and a joy to drive agile motorcycle. I have had that type of motorcycle yet I longed all the time for more delicate handling and freedom modern enduros have

Of course not saying that you are wrong.

But...

Modern Enduros are just

10. #160 Re: CCW 
    See I'd love to play around on something like that. I think I may be able to get at least 4 bikes in My garage
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast