Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
  1. #201 Re: CCW 
    C-Moto Noob
    So if I can't find a Heist, or they only come in black, what else in the $3k price range (China or not) would give me: 67-75 mpg, not need pedals, be full-sized like a Heist, not get me shot passing any Redneck bar in Mississippi, doesn't need a half-ton of plastic or the gas tank to come off to replace a spark plug or service the valves, has spare parts available when some idiot in an Escalade backs over my parked bike and bends a wheel or breaks something off, has an engine that while possibly anemic in power will last (with decent maintenance) until the day after forever, or will do basically the same thing in the same amount of "style and size" that CCW claims the Heist will do??

I'm done with "larger" bikes. I can squeeze 30 mpg out of my '74 Volkswagen and be out of the rain while I listen to the radio, and birds and bugs hit the windsheild instead of my shoulder. I want a real gas sipper, something that looks decent and lets me flip the bird to the gas stations I pass. And again, I don't want to have to pedal the thing.

Seriously, any ideas??

2. #202 Re: CCW 
    Quote Originally Posted by RagTag View Post
    So if I can't find a Heist, or they only come in black, what else in the $3k price range (China or not) would give me: 67-75 mpg, not need pedals, be full-sized like a Heist, not get me shot passing any Redneck bar in Mississippi, doesn't need a half-ton of plastic or the gas tank to come off to replace a spark plug or service the valves, has spare parts available when some idiot in an Escalade backs over my parked bike and bends a wheel or breaks something off, has an engine that while possibly anemic in power will last (with decent maintenance) until the day after forever, or will do basically the same thing in the same amount of "style and size" that CCW claims the Heist will do??

I'm done with "larger" bikes. I can squeeze 30 mpg out of my '74 Volkswagen and be out of the rain while I listen to the radio, and birds and bugs hit the windsheild instead of my shoulder. I want a real gas sipper, something that looks decent and lets me flip the bird to the gas stations I pass. And again, I don't want to have to pedal the thing.

Seriously, any ideas??
    Ragtag you are too funny about the pedals - Okay CCW has been in the states 2 maybe 3 years and you have a choice of black, black or more black, easy enough to fix with a 400 wet sand and a rattle can if that is your preference. They offer 4 bikes the heist which is a bobber style, the misfit which is a cafe racer style, the Ace which is more of a Standard and cheaper (in price not quality) than the aforementioned bikes, and the hooligan which is a Supermoto style. All have the 250cc (229cc displacement). All are full sized bikes and can haul. i have only test ridden the Heist right now but the guys took them out yesterday. If you have a FB account check out some of the Pics I have become a big fan of the company and what they want to do. they carry every part down to the smallest nut and bolt to stocking just the frames.

Now with that being said there are a number of other options, there are tons of dealers on the internet that you can have a bike drop shipped to you and if you are handy with a wrench you put them together wait for the MSO and get insurance, title, and tags (ALWAYS and I speak from experience, verify the vehicle with the DMV prior to purchase to make sure you can get legal. All you need is the first 3 characters of the VIN# for a WMI check will save a lot of hassle if you buy and the manufacture isnt ) and have fun.

Some of the issues you may have might be parts and support for your internet purchase, due to the model is now of a defunked company or product line or even made of spare parts tossed together and shotty manufacture. A little research and checking boards like this goes along way. There are tons of nice people who are more than willing to share their knowledge and experience.

Now for the MPG and $$$ you are looking for you may not find much outside the 250cc range esp in a US china bike for new.

I cannot really recommend any of the other distributer or internet sales companies out there because i have tried 1 and it blew up in my face so I'm a little gun shy with that, but some of the other guys here have had different experiences so they would be able to share.

I still say that the model lineup is worth it from CCW, they sell world wide, their dealer network is growing daily, and they are an American Company that at present manufactures in China.

hope this helps
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

3. #203 Re: CCW 
    RagTag,
    My Dong Fang DF250RTB was $2195 delivered in a crate to my house. It is a DIY Heist. If you can turn a wrench then you are good to go.
    Last edited by barnone; 04-06-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #204 Re: CCW 
    If you want to sell the Hiest then just give a few of them to the cast of the Jersey shores…its priceless. Gardo from the garden state and Bar None…isn’t that a franchise? Its fascinating not dramatic its actually theatrical. You might want to submit the whole concept for a realty TV show…you a have a compelling cast.

5. #205 Re: CCW 
    WTF is going on in here?! lol.

Ragtag -
    Commuting on the Heist? I'm sure you could, but the Misfit or Ace looks well suited for you. Check in with PIT, I think they will be out soon. Definitely worth waiting for.

6. #206 Re: CCW 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for all the input guys, I really do appreciate it. I think the Heist would fill the ticket for me, but I'm probably going to start looking at the Hondas and Suzukis. It just seems to me at this point that there's not enough base support for the CCW bikes. They're still relatively difficult to find unless you live in Cleveland or Jersey, maybe California, and I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be available in something other than black. It's not so much the actual color I'm hung up on, it's that if the bike has been out for a year or so I can't see why it's not available in any of the colors shown on CCW's web site. If it's "just paint" ..... well YEAH. That's my point. And this is the bike that's been available the longest, I can't see how they're going to market and sell the models they have coming out later on. I'm not impressed with PIT Motors, I still haven't gotten a reply to my phone call to Vince in sales, and if they drop the ball on the sales end I don't have much faith that a wheel or valve cover gasket would be easy to get.

That Honda CBR250R looks like it's worth a spin, $1k more but Honda's behind it and I don't have the doubts about finding one or keeping it on the road. I'll lurk a while and keep my eye on CCW for a little bit, I do hope they can realize the dream, but until they start balancing the dream with real customer expectations I'm not interested in dropping money there.

Thanks again for the help, it really does make a difference and I appreciate it.

7. #207 Re: CCW 
    Ragtag, happy hunting and I hope you find something that suits you. Its not what you ride but that you ride.

and Damn Vince I need to come down to FL LoL
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

8. #208 Re: CCW 
    CBR250R sounds great! That should be a fun commute on that little rocket. Good luck dude :)
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

9. #209 Re: CCW 
    Ragtag,
    Asking about a Heist then deciding to get a CBR250R? Strange. Kinda like comparing apples and oranges.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

10. #210 Re: CCW 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Ragtag,
    Asking about a Heist then deciding to get a CBR250R? Strange. Kinda like comparing apples and oranges.
    Yeah i dont get it but hey I got mine
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast