Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4142223242526 LastLast
  1. #231 Re: CCW 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    This is an interesting thread? Seems to be some strong opinions regarding various companies, espcially CCW. I can only comment about my experience which was great. The VP Brett, has emailed me numerous time as I explored the various makes. Once I decided to go with CCW, Brett knew I was looking to customize and lead me to Tow Weaver, who tricked out the carb, exhaust and various components. After receiving my ride several people from the company contacted me to make sure I was satisfied. The service and support has been exceptional. That is worth a lot to me. It was the determining factor in going with CCW. I am sure there are several great china bikes out there, I just like to know I have support.

2. #232 Re: CCW 
    The master minds at CCW are designing new models for us…I hope they can go the distance, to be candid, that will be in their ability to keep sales going and in that reinvest that revenue into bringing new products to the market.

CCW has access to other partners now, they seem to have some connections with Galaxy (Yinhe) and in that access to their models with the 223cc engine. That OHC engine offers more horsepower and torque then the current OHV they are utilizing in their current US offerings.

When will the USA get this new model….

I suppose it is when they get an EPA approved version of the CB250 (223cc) engine.
    Last edited by MJH; 12-17-2011 at 03:26 PM.

3. #233 Re: CCW 
    It would also be good to offer some color options.

It would also be good to offer full gauges, that including a gear position indicator. It is a good feature to offer to new riders, which is a prevalent part of the entry level market, that being new riders. I also think it keeps strain on the engine down, reducing the likelihood of premature shifting as well as unnecessary down shifting.

4. #234 Re: CCW 
    MJH true more options would be nice but you need to plan a growth of a business. Expansion to fast could be more detrimental to them. They have the right mindset introducing a strong, good quality product with excellent service is the key. Know and stick with your projected audience.
    sometimes its more than more horsepower, the power plant that is currently used is tried and true. The motor that can be used in versatile applications that offer different experiences to the different customers.

CCW looks to have a bright future and continues to improve the current lines while researching and developing new product lines
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

5. #235 Re: CCW 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    To borrow some ideas from the Greetings from Chongqing thread, CCW is doing precisely what the big Chinese brands refuse to do, or are incapable of doing because they are owned by state bureaucrats and communists: Using Chinese manufacturing efficiencies and international marketing and brand development techniques to make and sell bikes that people drool over and desire, and buy.

And they are getting a $1000 premium over the very similar Dongfang models, precisely because they give a shit about their customers and give great service.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #236 Re: CCW 

7. #237 Re: CCW 
    I am so sure nobody else notices this stuff but me….

The SOMOTO GRX is a Jinan Qingqi Model, it even in this image has a 249cc version of the Suzuki engine and has an oil cooler on it.

However the specifications as for engine options, at first glance, appears to be two Suzuki engines; the 124cc and 199cc and then the last option is a 230cc, which is likely a 223cc. The specification of the engine with 12kw@7500 make it likely the CB250 OHC and all are OHC engines.

As for engines none of the Chinese engines are anything to write home about…but they do have a few interesting engines in mass production as options, which could also be called “drop dead reliable”. The NX250 was in its original form consider not only a good engine, but actually a great engine.

Horsepower and torque do matters, reliability matters too, so does the price, its all relative.
    Last edited by MJH; 04-20-2014 at 12:52 AM.

8. #238 Re: CCW 
    Mechanical engineering is a steep curve, China lacks good technical training they likely have lots of engineers however not enough technicians. That is because they push the students to the top and seek high levels of theoretical problem solving. They need to encourage and develop technical schools to get or raise the support systems to higher standards.

I see that Haojin has contracted with Delphi to develop EFI systems, but they offer no products with EFI, is that because they have no ability to support it.

That’s important because the lion share of the market is china and even small percentages of total sales in China represent huge sales numbers compared to other global markets.

In china the industry needs to embrace technical training and in that they have to convince some of the young people that it is not that important to go to the best college and pursue the highest degree, it may be better to be involved in a technical trade program and one that leads to internships in factories that eventually lead them into becoming service managers in dealerships.

A good service manager knows all his products, not only the mechanical aspects they also understand the support system, how to troubleshoot and also how to document within it, they also know how to quickly identify parts and source them as well. They do because they get formal training on the system that is designed and managed through and as part of engineering.

Technical training can be brand specific as engineers develop new products, they simultaneously develop curriculum, for production as well as field support. In that it is an industry in itself, its education and what is missing in part in the society and in this industry.

9. #239 Re: CCW 
    Here is a link from Visionary Motorsport Canada, they offer some documentation and parts for the CCW product line.
    http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c....gory.195437/.f

10. #240 Re: CCW 
    seems the CCW is not resting on their laurels.

Introducing a 500cc Misfit...

it looks like a Honda XBR500 also known as GB500, it could be a resurrection...

GB500 Clubman
    Last edited by MJH; 11-04-2014 at 12:40 AM.