Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
  1. #51 Re: CCW 
    I would like to see CCW to be a budget minded version of Heiwa and base it's models on customized Chinese manufactured models.

For example Skyteam (china) offers a version of Suzuki’s RV200 also called a VAN VAN…they call it a v-raptor.

The Skyteam bike “note it comes with a OHV 250”

The original Suzuki

The Heiwa version

note: the VAN VAN comes with a 200cc same engine used in the Qingqi 200cc. It has slightly more hp then the Chinese OHV 250 used by Skyteam on their V-Raptor.

2. #52 Re: CCW 
    That looks like that Galaxy bike you wanted to bring in to the US a year or so ago.

3. #53 Re: CCW 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    MJH,
    WTF? You can't answer a simple question?
    I'll put you on ignore. Peace.
    Lol, I laughed so very hard after reading this thread and seeing this reply xD Then later I saw Jape's reply about trolls and I could not stop laughing even though I tried xD

This thread has been one of the most entertaining threads I have seen

4. #54 Re: CCW 
    Mo Powa

We like to call her the OHC 250. This motor will continue to be refined, and will be offered on the Hooligun starting in a few months. CCW will push ahead with OHC and soon fuel injection to clean up the exhaust, and give a little more power to the rider.
    To be honest it is not easy balancing affordable with higher technology. Many of our customers are asking for high tech motors, bigger displacement, fuel injection, direct injection, etc. The Hooligun will be our test market bike, and we will see how it does. The idea is to keep many of the simple over head valve, pushrod motors in our standard bikes (because they are just dead nuts reliable). In our sport bikes, motards, and adventure bikes, we want to push the bikes a bit more with some more power and advanced solutions.
    We hope our customers understand this comes at a slighty higher cost to the consumer.

These found their way to the market under the SSR brand.
    Last edited by MJH; 04-19-2014 at 11:30 PM.

5. #55 Re: CCW 
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    That looks like that Galaxy bike you wanted to bring in to the US a year or so ago.
    The SUV250 is the Galaxy motorcycle, I believe that Yinhe is a company that CCW could work with. The previous post is of a motorcycle manufactured by Skyteam similar but not the same.

Galaxy is a subsidiary of Yinhe.

6. #56 Re: CCW 
    I like very much that CCW company. They are doing great looking bikes and appear to have some real love for bikes. I wish all the best for them!

7. #57 Re: CCW 
    It will be a case of convincing the US (primarily, although they are setting up shop in Europe, too) to pay $3k USD for what the US public might perceive as $2k USD bikes.

8. #58 Re: CCW 
    I think some people will pay the difference. I've never seen the CCW bobber in person but it appears to be fancier than my Dang Fong.

Look at all the BMWs, Mercedes, Lexus,etc running around. Plus if it is a good dealer then there is a lot of value to some people.

Good luck to CCW and I hope they make it. It's the next step in the evolution of Chinese cycles.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #59 Re: CCW 
    MJH,
    In the graph from CCW looks like the 250cc engine is almost 20 HP and the lesser engine(s) are the 229cc(?) at about 16HP. I assume those are crank figures and not rear wheel numbers.

More from your salesmen (that you allow to stretch the truth) about USA production of these bikes.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

10. #60 Re: CCW 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    MJH,
    In the graph from CCW looks like the 250cc engine is almost 20 HP and the lesser engine(s) are the 229cc(?) at about 16HP. I assume those are crank figures and not rear wheel numbers.

More from your salesmen (that you allow to stretch the truth) about USA production of these bikes.
    It makes me think that the quote in Cycle World should have read 12.5kw and not 12.5hp?
    I'd say that if the data came off a Dyno it's reading off the rear wheel.

Born of fire gets baptized in fire....bet they felt a bite in the crotch over the $2,000.00 DF as soon as one person brings over a model the near exact same bike comes over with a discount. The bobber is too simple and too common not to be easily copied...

I am waiting on a model I like with the Suzuki OHC...

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast