Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Generic Chinese 48cc bike 
    When I arrived in Guangxi last August I needed a new motorcycle to help me travel. Not having a drivers license I needed to find a bike that was cheap and legal to ride. I found out that I could pic up a new 48cc step through machine for about $250 USD.

The quality of the materials was low, but the bike did only cost me $250 and was only meant as a stopgap until I found something I liked better and I was a100% legal rider. The bike did it's job well and lasted over 10,000km until I finally broke down and bought a bike that would be a little more comfortable for the wife and I to travel on.

This is a cool bike ;)

Dude, these bikes are awesome! They do a lot of work around Asia but it's hard to compete with the modern "step-through" style bikes that rule SE Asia and now becoming a little more popular in China.

CC

The practicality of the thing for the price couldn't be beat and I think it still can't. Here in China it also falls under the bicycle laws and not the motorcycle laws so it saved me a ot of hassel. She's on the chopping block now. I hope she goes to a good home.

I'd take it off your hands, too bad you don't have it in Canada :P

Sold it today for a cool 60 bucks. Still running and working fine. Not a bad deal for both of us.

I wonder how much it would cost to ship something like that to Canada, I would've given you more then that ;), but I bet there would be importing hassles and registration issues.

I really like the "toy" factor of scooters (yes, I am old enough to know they can be dangerous :blink:) and how one can buzz around a city, find parking, and remain very frugal. I would like to find a steady, cheap supplier of these, and sell them in Yuma...the locals are fairly low income and could use cheap transpo, and then when fall and winter hit, and the population explodes with retirees/snowbirds, they are in vacation mode, and would probably be good customers, too. I am pretty sure that Yuma allows under 50cc scooters on side streets w/o registration, although I should push our state's legislature to have unlimited useage of scooters statewide under 50cc like some US states already allow. What are the Canadian scooter laws by state/territory?

C-Moto Not-so-Noob

I wonder what the cost would be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast