Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 RMR200 Air Filter 
    C-Moto Senior
    Just got a new air filter so after work I oiled it and fitted it. wot a complete pain in the f****** A***, it doesn't say in the service instruction you need triple jointed wrists, action man sized hands and x-ray vision to get the filter fastened back up

2. #2 Re: RMR200 Air Filter 
    That is the bit in Chinese characters you obviously didn't read! It is on page 273, the small print down the bottom near where it tells you:
    how you also fucked the warranty and dropped an essential tiny part into the top of the cylinder and won't find that out until you are miles from anywhere.

你怎么还性交保修和投进了气缸顶部的重要一小部分,不会发现,直到你从任何地方英里。你需要三节理手腕,实 干家大小手和X-射线过滤器的设想得到固定备份
    Under a trade agreement from 1973, still not revoked, it is also translated into Albanian.
    si ju edhe fucked garanci dhe ka rėnė njė pjesė thelbėsore e vogėl nė krye tėcilindėr dhe nuk do tė gjeni se nga derisa ju jeni milje nga kudo.
    ju duhet wrists jointed trefishtė, duart njeri veprim mesme dhe x-ray vizion pėr tė marrė filtėr tė lidhur back up

If you ever spent any time in jail, you would know you always do this work sitting down, that way you don't suffer from pain in the f****** A***
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

3. #3 Re: RMR200 Air Filter 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Jape, your excellent legal references reminded me of the following comment about Ducati ownership, seen in another forum:

"Dondi, serium parts costum grande, de spirite' belt failure, demadre en clutch ratteli, infinium financing."

'giorno!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: RMR200 Air Filter 
    C-Moto Senior
    I don't speak Italian but even I can feel the reference to the endless financial demands of the Ducati brand, having owned one for a very very short time:O)

5. #5 Re: RMR200 Air Filter 
    Forchetto has suggested that we can change out the air boxes on our Quigqi made bikes and use DR200 ones. Supposedly the filter is easier to change out as the Suzuki boxes open at the top.

SU0209044001.jpg

Still looks pretty tight to me though.

6. #6 Re: RMR200 Air Filter 
    C-Moto Senior
    Not sure I'll go to the trouble of swapping the air box, I did also see that thread. To be honest I don't think it will be a problem in the future now I've got the nack. For me it was to sit on the floor with my legs under the bike looking directly into the air box with a head torch on. Then you can pull the filter back, get the first coupe of threads of the retaining bolt in and re-seat the filter and tighten it up, still a bit fiddly though. A bit like tappets, talking of which I came across a thread the other day on another forum about a home made tappet adjustment tool...going to have to have a go at that if I've got what I need lying round the workshop.

7. #7 Re: RMR200 Air Filter 
    From your experiance, choldy,would it be easier to remove the whole box, clean or change out the filter, and re-install? I haven't pulled my filter yet but I plan to when spring arrives. I'm thinking that if it's too much of a pain that I'll make some sort of installation tool. One of my girls has small hands so there's also that option, too.