Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: spark plug - whats the difference? 
    Thanks 123P, you have re-convinced me! It was you that first made me think of it as you have similar bike, same engine, I just got misdirected yesterday at the shop. I have decided I will get one anyway then, will try the Ebay route as they wanted $18 which was partly why I got the $4 one!
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

2. #12 Re: spark plug - whats the difference? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Mate this is the exact plug you need, heres the link to the one I picked up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

3. #13 Re: spark plug - whats the difference? 
    Ah, why not, I saved that much by not going into town today, too bloody hot for me. Done. thanks mate.
    What filter did you get, which carby and jet size, seeing as how you are being so helpful ...
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

4. #14 Re: spark plug - whats the difference? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    ahah im going to start charging you mate,

heres the filter

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWNX:IT

as for the jetting, i didnt change jets it wasnt needed, I just adjusted my own jetting to run much richer, solving the problem of the bike stumbling when the airbox is removed,
    which it will and is unridable when it happens, so be prepared to do that mod if you go a pod filter,

since then have connected new race thinner low mount handlebars, and have some bar end mirrors coming.

im done with it then, unless someone can help me out with any mech mods I could do to achieve alot more power like my engine swap idea.

5. #15 Re: spark plug - whats the difference? 
    Gotya. I know what I know but there lots I don't know, so I rely on you youngsters going ahead of me ... nah, I'm just lazy.
    I will have to sort all that stuff out soon, just getting prepared, because the carby to engine rubber is perishing after 2000 km and is about to disintegrate I fear.

Sometimes on this forum things seem very quiet then someone reads something and it fires up. Or else it just dies away to nothing which can be a shame. especially for the person who posted! Post again in your thread about engine swap and see if someone else picks up on it. Try Chinarider forum as well, the forums all compliment each other and cover things in different ways, it isn't disloyalty!
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

6. #16 Re: spark plug - whats the difference? 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    US$8500 for a set of speaker cables! For a bit of fun, read through a few of the comments about this particularly product on Amazon....
    haha, some of those are classic!

"My cats chewed on this cable and now they can both speak."

7. #17 Re: spark plug - whats the difference? 
    C-Moto Noob
    thanks-you to jape and 123p for your enthusiasm on this forum. It has been good to learn from you both on this subject.
    I was trying to get my sisters Kinlon SM 200 going this weekend. It has been sitting (covered) for easily over a year.
    As I was not having any luck starting it, I reached for the standard spark plug sockets in my tool kit, only to find neither would fit : 5/8" definately too small.
    It has its original Torch plug in it. I'm new to this, what is the socket size it should be using on these Torch plugs?
    I'm off to by a DR8EA/D8EA right now

8. #18 Re: spark plug - whats the difference? 
    My 18mm deep socket undid mine. I think it is an 11/16 equivalent? Make sure the jets aren't blocked from petrol grunge.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

9. #19 Re: spark plug - whats the difference? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Excellent. Having a look for 18mm (11/16") deep sockets online now. Funny, it's the one size that is never in a metric set.
    I went to the trouble of mostly draining the tank and refilled with premium as i suspected things might be getting dodgy after so long with no use.
    Now, unblocking the jets, is that definately a carbie off operation? Or can I hit a with clean-r-carb and resolve the issue?
    I'm thinking it's time I found a good bike shop in my area if I can't get it on the road myself.

10. #20 Re: spark plug - whats the difference? 
    You shouldn't have to go to a bike shop and pay out hard-earned dollars if it was working when left sitting.

By all means run a carburettor cleaner through with the first fuel, you can also get some you spray into the inlet as you turn it over (take out any foam of course). Do as little as possible is my method. If it was running then you should only need to check spark and fuel. The carby jets are pretty small and the deposits of decayed fuel and crap can easily block them. As long as you are very careful with any gaskets, screw heads and so on you can undo carbies easy enough if you find you have to. A thin wire, maybe stripped from inside some multi-strand will pass through the jet holes and clear blockages.

But I usually check spark first, if I have spark then I will check fuel. Look inside the spark-plug lead cap, is it clean, not corroded? Mainly just use common-sense and patience, there may be something obvious like corroded wires under the seat if you do have problems, so don't give up. It should start quite easily with spark and fuel sorted. So don't twist the throttle and flood it! I wish you luck, lets us know how it goes.

Does it turn over OK? Do you have compression? No mud wasp nests anywhere, earwigs etc shorting it out? Good battery power?

AND make sure the choke is the right way! On the R/T it should be to the left when you first start. You should need no throttle, or just the tiniest touch. AND make sure the engine kill switch is definitely OFF. We all make such simple errors. If you don't have a user's manual there is one on the Kinlon .au site.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast