Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: passports

1. #1 passports 
    I will have a choice of UK or Aussie passport when I come over, any preference or advantage to either in China?
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

2. #2 Re: passports 
    I'm guessing australian would be better as they seem to have a good relationship with china, but it's just a guess. I actually know f. all about that stuff.

How are the trip preparations going?

3. #3 Re: passports 
    Hi mate, yeah just thought they might think I am a spy if I have English accent but come in on on Ozzie paper ...

Various possible financial and medical matters are delaying things but plenty of time yet, was just being careful as if I decide Aussie as citizenship takes time, however expected journey starts your next autumn or if delayed, spring after. Can't walk properly at the moment, stuffed my back again. And the ex has somehow heard I am selling everything up to do this and wants a handout, sod her. Looking at my conscience before I decide. Might just have to do it on the credit card and go bankrupt after, that'll stuff them all.

I am actually looking at all sorts of possibilities like container ship to China, ride around a bit in China up to three months, fly to Indonesia, sit on a beach in Bali for a month on way back, small boat to PNG or Timor, ride a few days, then ride from Darwin down across Aus. There was an idea to go India then UK then back to Aus. via China but possibility I might be asked to stay in UK by authorities to answer some questions if I land there again so will leave that until I am even older and they have to give me a pension and a warm bed and 3 square meals.

btw that other post may not be a bot as it has no link attached felix, just very similar to some we have had.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

4. #4 Re: passports 
    Further to this, I am going to look into various visa options. Business F as against Z and Visitors for ease of riding motorcycle and movement within China. I am thinking I could arrange a commercial lecture tour which would cost some of you $10 each; on personal growth (lol), metaphysical endeavours such as not getting eaten by daemons if you have sold or intend to sell your soul and perhaps in artistic creativity in business matters. You would get it back in beer or beverage of choice but it will validate my claim to be working ...

now, this is a serious question and not meant to offend, do Chinese as a folk have a sense of humour that relates in any way to a weird western one?
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

5. #5 Re: passports 
    STILL AMIDST THE TRAFFIC. Ekkicore's Avatar
    australian passports seem to have less hassle..
    DJ | Promoter | Photographer
    my photography on Flickr.com

QJiang 钱江龙 QJ150-19a (AKA SQUEAZEL?!)

6. #6 Re: passports 
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    do Chinese as a folk have a sense of humour that relates in any way to a weird western one?
    Frankly, a lot of our humour is met with blank stares here; and of course the same is true the other way round too. It's interesting actually to see how different cultures find different things funny. Sarcasm doesn't work here at all, forget about that. Slapstick comedy does though; charlie chaplin and mr bean are legends here!