Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 going to get a pitster xtr230. need some help 
    C-Moto Noob
    well i have decided that next month i am goin to order me a pitster pro xtr230. but right now i am trying to put together a parts crossover between the pitster, galaxy, and puzey bikes to jap bikes. ive really not get very far since i dont own a bike to measure and take pictures for comparison. thought some of you guys could help.

1. front sproket honda crf230/xr250
    2. rear sproket ????
    3. top end engine parts ????
    4. stearing stem bearings ????
    5. wheel bearings front ????
    6. wheel bearings rear ????
    7. break pads ????
    8. swingarm bearings ????
    9. shock and linkage bearings ????
    10. clutch maybe honda looking into that now
    11.cdi and other electrical ?????

add anything you know of and ill update the list with parts and cross over bike if you have a parts # throw that in and ill add it as well. i just thought that this list could help us all out if we can get this info out there. it could help the companys sell more bikes as well if people know that they can go anywere and order parts for them as well. thanks alot and for some reason you dont want your name out there for giving the info send me a pm and you have my word that it will remain between us.

2. #2 Re: going to get a pitster xtr230. need some help 
    I'm surprised that pitster and puzzey don't have this information.

The SL230, FTR223 and XL230 share the same engine ID of MD33E, the CRF230 is ME09E. The FTR223 and XL230 have the same 5 speed gearbox so I believe these are the closest match to the XTR engine. if you're trying to cross reference engine parts, use the FTR223 and XL230. Not to say that some of the CRF230/XR250 parts won't work.

1. front sproket Honda CB ATC XL XR SL TLR FTR CRF families of 125/185/200/230cc
    2. rear sproket Custom CNC hub design. Not sure what Japanes bike it matches.
    3. top end engine parts Honda FTR223 and XL230
    4. stearing stem bearings 32004X
    5. wheel bearings front 6003Z
    6. wheel bearings rear 6005-RS
    7. break pads ????
    8. swingarm bearings ????
    9. shock and linkage bearings No bearings, there is no linkage.
    10. clutch Honda FTR223 and XL230

Cheers!
    ChinaV

3. #3 Re: going to get a pitster xtr230. need some help 
    C-Moto Noob
    when i called pitster i ask about brake pads he said ohh i believe that there is a ebc pad that matches. imean come on man i know there is probably a pad. but witch one geez. and he told me the top end was the same a a crf 230 buts thats all he could tell me. he also told me that there was a honda sproket that would match but ive been lookin a several i mean several pics and i cant find one that comes close. but i can get that covered. rebelgears.com will make you any sproket you want upto 76 tooth just send them you old sproket to go by. i had to do that with my old xt600 i had. thanks alot for the help on the parts chinav.

4. #4 Re: going to get a pitster xtr230. need some help 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    This will be a lot easier when you actually have the bike in front of you. ChinaV got you a good start but you find there are easier solutions when the bike is in hand.

For example. Need a sprocket? Outline what you have on a piece of paper, add some precise measurements of the opening and fax/email it to JT sprockets. They'll get back to you within a day or so with a part number.

Brake pads? Same as above but email/fax ebc.

Any of your bearing parts can be ordered by size. In fact if you look in a Parts Unlimited catalog you'll find listed after the "by model/year" listings a simplified listing by measurement.

When you get to trying to do wholesale part changes, like forks shock etc, it becomes a lot of measuring and trying to find someone who has something you think might fit measure for you to compare. You'll buy lots that won't work. Trust me :)