Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Skygo 200 scrambler 
    I think this is the GY-7

Not sure how tall your girlfriend is, but it would make a nice, lightweight, adventure touring bike. Need to sort out the luggage and fuel capacity though...

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 03:27 AM.

2. #12 Re: Skygo 200 scrambler 
    Quote Originally Posted by slabo View Post
    I thought scrambler was another name for cafe racers, the kind you often see on http://www.bikeexif.com/ Never seen a DualSport bike referred to as a scrambler. I checked the skygo site, nothing there called a scrambler.

Some people are using that terminology loosely, this is what most consider a scrambler. Is it just me but couldnt Lifan fairly easily offer such designs?

3. #13 Re: Skygo 200 scrambler 
    It actually takes some patience to look at each of the models offered, there are so many and they are similar. Some of these models offer the 163FML Lifan engine as an option, so they can be configured with a 200cc motor.

Not really scramblers, they are basically standards.

4. #14 Re: Skygo 200 scrambler 
    Lifan manufactures a 250cc twin that could be but into the vintage CL350 frame. They could recast the case of the engine but retain the internal structure of the 250cc, so it would look like the original? They could even design the cases mounting points to align to the original Cl350 frame. So then it would be copy of the original and offer shared parts and include details as to the extent of what is different in detail. So then they could utilize two part codes…“OU” prefixed as for Original and Universal and then “LO” for Lifan Only. Then parts vendors could sell those “OU” parts to those restoring original CL350’s as well. The original had points and did not have electronic ignitions. The 250cc twin is not as powerful but would be adequate to move that bike around, the 250 is basically the same engine used on the Honda Rebel.

Honda sold a lot of those in the 1970’s and if replicated and new compatible parts were available those would sell well.

I still think that many of these manufactures are asleep and the switch. They could or may want to consider sending people to mechanics schools and in those teach them parts and inventory management as well as educate and train them as technicians. They need to begin to seed in more professional service centers that they oversee in the markets. These technician will in future decades be the owner operators of dealership. As the products evolve and change they remain connected and in and with continuous and ongoing training. This is commonly referred to as authorized and certified mechanics. Having too many products with to many different parts keep the mechanic outside of total familiarity. It also makes maintaining and stocking or even identifying part impossible or ridiculously time consuming. Technicians all need access to resources and training on how to diagnose and resolve quickly. Reliable, Simple and Affordable…if they are going to offer up English words to attract customers then they should try using ones that matter relatively.
    Last edited by MJH; 01-14-2011 at 03:16 AM.

5. #15 Re: Skygo 200 scrambler 
    In South Africa, we call motorX bikes and enduro bikes "scramblers" for scrambling around in the veld (bush).
    So basically anything from a CR/KX/DT etc to an XL/XT/KTM.... if it's got knobbly tires, it's a scrambler

6. #16 Re: Skygo 200 scrambler 
    i do like how those 125/200cc skygo's look like exact replica's of Suzuki GS 125's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12