Hi All,

Just wanted to make a quick introduction. Been following the community here for a while now, been a world of help as I prepare for this:

Great Ride Forward www.greatrideforward.com

Next week, my colleague Hans and I will set off on a two-month journey through southern China and SE Asia. Starting from Kunming, we hope to cross through 5 countries before heading back north to Shanghai.

We're riding Shineray GY-7s, thanks largely to the tales from SuperSignet on this site. We've had the bikes for around 3 months and have hammered on them during a few day trips outside Shanghai (never expected to see sand dunes around here..). We'll be shipping the bikes out to Kunming later this week before starting our journey on the 24th.

We'd love to connect with any riders out there in Yunnan or SE Asia, just pass along a note here or to pbwinter @ greatrideforward.com We're lucky enough to have very few obligations during our ride, so if you are anywhere near our intended route, let us know. Any tips for great sites and rides, we'd definitely appreciate them.

While our equipment isn't as extensive as the MK Ride guys (cheers to Ryan for helping us plan our journey!), we do hope to get enough footage/pics/stories for a short documentary or series of articles. We plan to update the website consistently during the trip and will be sure to keep the MyChinaMoto community updated as well.

Best,
Pete