Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. #71 Re: petrol run or blue plate run ? 
    C-Moto Noob
    I still using my petrol bike, by the time found some ways to get petrol. Still not perfect, sometimes i have to leave the bike at home and use the subway until next day until the time i'll get fuelled up. In Shanghai police recently stop me 3 times in the same point, Luban Lu X Xietu lu, but once they realize im foreigner they asked me to go, even after i have told them i dont have drive license and plates/regular documents. I visit clients during all day, sometimes running more than 100km in a day, and after expo, last year, fiscalization is not that hard anymore (but still exists and once u see police, better to avoid - and better take advantage that most of chinese are blind and normally, if u r not distracted, u see than much before they see u).

Also this bikes we r unable to put plates still being selled in Shanghai, i guess still ok to sell it once u still can get plates in small cities in China. What i mean is u dont need to live in Shanghai or Beijing to buy one and take to the small city you live and regularly get documents and plate.

2. #72 Re: petrol run or blue plate run ? 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Yeah, it can be hard to understand what is going on sometimes.

In Beijing, wide out in the open, are bike shops selling obviously illegal bikes with fake plates. Go figure.

Also, at the major intersection where I live, the police commonly set up a road block for illegal bikes (2 or 3 times / week). They bring a couple of flatbed trucks and load the bikes on. The trucks are full within an hour. This has been going on for at least a year, and there doesn't seem to be any reduction in "business". One time, I saw a guy on a big sport bike (no plates) dismount, and walk his bike along the sidewalk, past the police. He ignored them, they ignored him. Strange.

I've been very curious about where all these bikes are taken. I've heard it is somewhere out in Changping, NW Beijing. It would be an interesting field trip.

3. #73 Re: petrol run or blue plate run ? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I rhink they may have several yards set up around the city. My bike is in a yard north of Xibalidian bridge.

4. #74 Re: petrol run or blue plate run ? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by jetzki View Post
    I was looking around on taobao last night found some huge batteries like this http://hk632.taobao.com/?search=y&sc...&queryType=cat
    72v Lithium Ion Phoshate. LiPo batteries are supposed to be the best for using in electrical vehicles.
    Looking at this bike and the lithium batteries, they go up to 95kmh, however still limited in range. Range is still at 80k.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678