Hey riders...

I have a 2006 Regal Raptor 250. To be honest, I've had mostly large Jap bikes before and the world of Chinese bikes is all new(ish) to me. This bike might be slow, generally old technology, but... I love it. I must admit, it feels like a 'real bike', is basically reliable, sounds great (with mini baffles removed of course) and for the type of roads here in southern Turkey, it suits us just fine.

One issue I have is regarding the fuel it likes. I know the 'book' said use unleaded, but it was never happy with it, from day one. The bike had problems starting, would misfire regularly as you rode along, and the plugs would blacken and need changing every 500km or so. The local mechanic here suggested using LRP (Lead Replacement Petrol) as he had seen a similar story with a 2005 Raptor. I immediately changed to LRP, and from that point on I have had zero problems for 6000km (apart from once when I could only get unleaded, and within an hour the old problems were there).

In this part of Turkey, as from last week, we can't get LRP any more !!! Does anyone know of a solution, or has anyone else out there come across this? I've always put it down to the motor being a bit less refined, hence it was happier with the old LRP, certainly had no problems with using it.

But what do I do now?

Thanks in advance guys.