Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Scrambler

1. #1 Scrambler 
    C-Moto Regular
    This is a VERY odd request. But, I would like to make my Zongshen 125 into a classic British scrambler. If anyone has the skills to do this (I am in Kunming), I will pay big money to have it done.

2. #2 Re: Scrambler 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I've never seen anyone in Kunming who gave anytime to just for fun tinkering .. there will be plenty who'll be happy to take your money and promise you anything in return though.. Beijing and Shanghai are another story.. plenty of custom frame builders, modders and the like... Not trying to bring you down, just saying KM is th wrong place for something like this.

3. #3 Re: Scrambler 
    Motomatt, if you only knew how badly I want to slap you in the nape with my slipper.

Come on, decide what you want!
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

4. #4 Re: Scrambler 
    Motomatt, you're so lucky!

Here's the simplest and most elegant solution to your problems - http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...9342#post49342

No need to thank me...
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

5. #5 Re: Scrambler 
    That motorcycle is for someone that does not mind riding an illegal bike, which is a problem when you get caught and then only a problem if you cannot finagle your way out the penalty and it being confiscated. It is not hard to find lots of illegal bikes for sale in China, there are a lot of people selling and buying and ridding bikes illegally. But if you get in an accident and its illegal would you be willing to run off, how far are you willing to go to avoid the laws? Something to consider.

They sell dirt bikes and even though that bike has street ridding equipment, its for off road ridding only.

Jeremy will not have to much trouble selling it, lots of people likely willing to buy it and ride it illegally. As for the Zongshen you could sell it and buy a 150cc dual sport, they sell them in china. It would be probably easier then modifying the street bike.

6. #6 Re: Scrambler 
    Quote Originally Posted by motomatt View Post
    This is a VERY odd request. But, I would like to make my Zongshen 125 into a classic British scrambler. If anyone has the skills to do this (I am in Kunming), I will pay big money to have it done.
    so let me get this right you want to make your bike heavy and unreliable?