Had a couple of days on my hands and needed a project to while away my drinking time, so i went around my local hood, looking for an old chinese bike to tinker with..
saw some cool examples and managed to score one from a recycling guy on the street.. it was his own bike, the basket was full of his crap, he took off his locks and wooden board and straps and handed it over.
It had just the right amount of rust and old paint on the frame so it got stripped over a few beers with mfpthebronze and degreased.
Then i went to the local bike market to buy a more modern bike for parts, i ended up with an ex mcdonalds delivery bike which gave me some alloy wheels, brakes, alloy bars and a seat, a quick clean up and assemble and lets go for a test ride...
What do you think?? i think next time i'll use new parts and find a twin beam frame and mount an engine kit in it!! At 200rmb for an engine kit it would be rude not to and i can ride it in central shenzhen.
Cheers RichIMG_0529 (Custom).jpgIMG_0530 (Custom).jpgIMG_0536 (Custom).jpgIMG_0533 (Custom).jpgIMG_0535 (Custom).jpg