Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Loncin GN250

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Loncin GN250 
    TU250 is not the same motor as GN250. The TU250 is the motor QingQi uses in the QM250 series.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

2. #12 Re: Loncin GN250 

3. #13 Re: Loncin GN250 
    There really is no GZ250 engine is there, its actually the GN250 engine?
    http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk...zuki-gn250.jpg

What 250 are they using in the Loncin that only has one exhaust port? Is it the same as engine design as the TU250 that also has a 72 x 61.2 the bore and stroke that are the same as the Loncin engines?

It seems that both the Suzuki 249cc have the same bore and stroke? The difference is what the TDC?

The TU250 engine only two valves and the GN250 is a four valve?

4. #14 Re: Loncin GN250 
    I cannot find decent specs online, there are people getting paid to publish and then do not get it right. I find one site that says one engine is a 2-valve and another that has its as 4 valves? Then I find the opposite…

I also am finding the TU250 not selling well with discounts on them…$3,500.00 for a 2011 and with 1.99% financing.

I know the engines are not the same….the engine on the TU is not a GN engine. But am not sure why the Loncin 250 does not have the TDC when the other GN250 versions do?

5. #15 Re: Loncin GN250 
    Also I mixed up the photos….the detail pictures are not lined up with the correct models. Sometimes the manufactures use a 200cc or even 125cc when advertising a model that comes with a 250cc. I do not think they have a 250cc in that motard in those photos.

I could be wrong but I think the engines in the 250 Loncin street bike is the same as in the TU250 and not a GN250 engine unless you loosely use the GN to define a Suzuki engine design, like CB and CG for Honda’s which they all do.

6. #16 Re: Loncin GN250 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by richardktm View Post
    It allows the brake line to move up and down in a straight line as the suspension moves. It slides up and down
    through plastic guides and the flex is taken in a large radius across the handlebars
    with a convetional system the brake line flexes and twists is it moves in a smaller area
    I think Suzuki had this patented for a few years before it expired and everyone adopted it for off road use. It wasn't a problem for conventional forks before
    very true, otehrwise this happens, within a month(2500km) of riding::

By the way, still didn't fix it. I'm Chinese now, i'll keep it untill it falls off, then I'll tape it with something and keep it for another 10k .. Well, dealer won't sell me a hose alone, and I can't find a hose with end caps that fit. And I'm not tossing a good working brake caliper for a hose.

7. #17 Re: Loncin GN250 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfpthebronze View Post
    Love the styling of the motard and I agree, those cast wheels are nice! But that front brake line routing is more than questionable. Can't think of one reason why it would be routed around the front....? Anybody??
    The Qlink/Qingqi are routed this way also. The fork protectors cover the line and slide up and down with the wheel/axle. The forks look like they have a bit more travel then the Qlink/Qingqi, though. I am curious as to why they designed it this way, though, as it does expose the line to damage.

8. #18 Re: Loncin GN250 
    The engine used on the Rover, that’s the dual sport has a CB250 or the same engine used on the Galaxy motorcycles, the 223cc OHC Honda engine with16.1hp

The engine on the Jedi, that’s the street bike is a GN250 and it should have a TDC, that’s a dual exhaust? The GN is a 249cc engine, 4-valve single I believe, its a Suzuki engine design. I am not sure at all on that as the images do not reveal a TDC and it could be possible the Loncin modified the engine to one exhaust port?

It really got me wondering what the differences are between the TU250 engine and the GN250 engines? I suspect the cam and internal gearing? They have the same Bore and Stroke but this version specs at only 18.5hp and the TU250 version specs at 20hp.

The dual sport also comes in a 200cc version which is a CG200 or a Honda OHV push-rod design. They call it the Ranger.

They are all quick to production and low cost models, if the price is low and the quality decent they should sell well.

9. #19 Re: Loncin GN250 
    The Loncin 250 sport bike model is being sold through Zanella in Argentina, The 250 street bike sold as the Zanella RX250

However the Loncin 250 (223cc) Enduro is not offered through Zanella it looks like they sell the Lifan250 GY-7 instead.

10. #20 Re: Loncin GN250 
    The Loncin models are being offered under the M1NSK brand as well as the Zanella brand but seems only by Zanella Uruguay.

M1NSK is also offering the Megelli 250.…
    As well as the Loncin that has a version of the Suzuki GN250 engine.
    Last edited by MJH; 07-12-2015 at 12:04 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast