Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
  1. #81 Re: Why did they ban Motorcycles 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Maybe I am not up to speed with the new "web journalism" but after reading this I do not know if this actually happened, or if this was some kind of street art, or perhaps street art modeled on an actually accident
    My thought as well, just better expressed ... it seems staged.

2. #82 Re: Why did they ban Motorcycles 
    It was at a recent installation set up al fresco by the side of a road in Chongqing in which local Chinese audiences were seen to be gripped with the daring themes posed by this work. Local residents that perchanced upon this impromptu performance were in awe of the gritty, realistic tone that evoked grand themes of mortality vs. immortality as it challenged the established orthodoxy of conservative perspectives as witnessed from the mindset of a group responsibility
    Performance, with a bad taste.
    When you watch carefully, no blood anywhere and the Streetlight has no scratches

3. #83 Re: Why did they ban Motorcycles 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Apparently it's true, and genuine. Here's a Xinhua report. Look more closely. One boy's leg is twisted in a way that could not be staged. The bike clearly has taken a very hard blow, with the front wheel smashed up against the engine.

What makes it all look like performance art is that no one is pitching in to help. Everyone is a bystander. The concept of "first aid" gets trumped in China by "don't get involved or someone might blame you."

TIC. This is also sad.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #84 Re: Why did they ban Motorcycles 
    No, it cannot be real. I am sure. The Xinhua uses the same photos. Imagine 5 sitting on a bike/scooter, the other carries 4. How fast are this idiots normally? 15 to 25 km/h. If you crash a bike into a poole, frontal, the bike falls to its right side,, stopped at once, not even the backwheel made a move to the right. (What it should have made because of physics and momentum), not even leaving the scene 1 m; how do they manage to fall down in a rowe spread over ~10m? Where is the second bike? They say on the road close by. How does the other passengers manage to lay in the same rowe? And not on the road?
    Bullshit!!

5. #85 Re: Why did they ban Motorcycles 
    Quote Originally Posted by SabineHartmann View Post
    ...Bullshit!!
    I hope you are right.

But here's another report, in English from Sina, with pix of the other motorcycle. Yes, they all are using the same pictures, but no one else is talking about performance art.
    jkp
    Shanghai

6. #86 Re: Why did they ban Motorcycles 
    C-Moto Guru
    Sorry to say it but Sinopathic is yet another example of a web site in extremely bad taste. The "al fresco"..."impromptu performance art" comments are possibly meant as grotesque criticism of the people who are seen taking photos of the accident instead of helping. I find it very frustrating when the internet takes examples of real people suffering and turns it into inane stupidity.

7. #87 Re: Why did they ban Motorcycles 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post
    Sorry to say it but Sinopathic is yet another example of a web site in extremely bad taste. The "al fresco"..."impromptu performance art" comments are possibly meant as grotesque criticism of the people who are seen taking photos of the accident instead of helping. I find it very frustrating when the internet takes examples of real people suffering and turns it into inane stupidity.
    Dear Nuhaus,

your analysis is spot on. The extremely unfortunate result is that some people actually think this accident was just performance, and did not actually happen, nor leave three young people dead.

euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai

8. #88 Re: Why did they ban Motorcycles 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post

It is on the internet, so it is true, right?
    Or ... it is in the Chinese news, so it is true, right?

I have unfortunately seen too many crashes, good and bad, and this one is not a crash.
    Look at the position of the bikes, the non-related position of the "victims", the lack of blood, the lack of a victim wrapped around the pole, the lack of scrape-marks on the road, the position of the first ''victim' (or did he bail first?) the lack of damage on the red bike ....

Staged, perhaps according a previous "real" accident, staged nevertheless.

9. #89 Re: Why did they ban Motorcycles 
    Sorry, i posted incorrect information and cannot find how to delete my post! only edit!
    Last edited by ThePope; 07-25-2013 at 09:14 AM.

10. #90 Re: Why did they ban Motorcycles 
    It reminds me of something. When I was sitting at different traffic police stations due to my new DL, they showed videos on big TV screens. I remember one telling the story how they rescued a grandma laying unter a concrete mixer truck, close to the back wheels. Helpers and ambulance people trying to crawl under the truck have been dirtier than old grandma.
    I believe, this are some kind of education stories, like "der 7. Sinn" in Germany.
    Accidents like this happens every day. I am sorry for the deaths and injured people. They behave so stupid and childish, as if some part of their brain is switched of and their life is like a movie: ...... no, not me, - and "if" I shake, laugh and nothing stays. Must be so, because The same, dead actor plays in the next movie again.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast