Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 XF125GY stupid question 
    C-Moto Noob
    hello everyone,

i need to ask a really stupid question, i have just picked up the above bike... and i am unsure as to what position the fuel tap should be for "on" currently my bike is running sweet but i dont know if im running on reserve or not thank you!

2. #2 Re: XF125GY stupid question 
    You would be surprised how many times this one occurs! I assume you mean the Pulse Adrenaline or Pioneer? Helps us when supplied with maker/model name, there are all sorts of XFGXYZ125200GYGX etc. bikes around the world!

Welcome to the forum, tell us more about yourself mate, experience, type of bikes, where you ride and so on, and post a photo. Of the tap in this case or whatever parts you may need assistance with over time. All helps us get to know you and be sure of our answers; there are many models, names and variants of these Chinese machines, all over the world - but folk can usually help. Meanwhile:

Not all taps are the same but on many the lever points up for fuel 'on', down for 'reserve', sideways towards rear for 'off'. The lever may have a 'tail' but this is not the end you point at things. Hope that makes sense, if not I will take a pic of the fuel tap on my Kinlon for you.

If your eyes are any good and you look closely, there should be some symbols like a cup or beaker of water for 'open', half-full beaker for reserve and an 'o' for off.

Just to confuse things, the tail will turn sideways towards the 'o' when it is off but when you turn the tap on or to reserve (up or down), you point with the other end. Lol, think about it and it may make sense.

Anyway, pointing up or down it will work, it will just run out completely if you are on reserve which is why you are asking the question of course, but the mileage should give you an indication!

You can also search this forum quite easily and use the keywords 'fuel tap' and similar which will show you you are not alone with this query, and you can also search to identify owners of your own model of bike, some in the UK, so you can 'PM' them to be sure of this.

And remember to turn it 'off' when stopped, on some bikes fuel will run out of the carby if left on ...
    Last edited by jape; 01-28-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

3. #3 Re: XF125GY stupid question 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    You would be surprised how many times this one occurs! Welcome to the forum, tell us more about yourself mate, experience, type of bikes, where you ride and so on, and post a photo. Of the tap in this case or whatever parts you may need assistance with over time. All helps us get to know you and be sure of our answers; there are many models, names and variants of these Chinese machines, all over the world - but folk can usually help. Meanwhile:

Not all taps are the same but on many the lever points up for fuel 'on', down for 'reserve', sideways towards rear for 'off'. The lever may have a 'tail' but this is not the end you point at things. Hope that makes sense, if not I will take a pic of the fuel tap on my Kinlon for you.

If your eyes are any good and you look closely, there should be some symbols like a cup or beaker of water for 'open', half-full beaker for reserve and an 'o' for off.

Just to confuse things, the tail will turn sideways towards the 'o' when it is off but when you turn the tap on or to reserve (up or down), you point with the other end. Lol, think about it and it may make sense.

Anyway, pointing up or down it will work, it will just run out faster if you are on reserve. And remember to turn it sideways when stopped, on some bikes fuel will run out of the carby if left on ...
    thanks for the information really helpful, i will take a closer look and see if i can figure it out,

ill try and get some pics up of the bike soon, i live in the UK and it has been sold under name "superbyke rmr 125" i am very pleased with the machine build quality is fine and the previous owner made some mods to the exhaust and jets and she will cruise nicely at 60-65mph:-)

4. #4 Re: XF125GY stupid question 
    I added to my post before your answer came through but no major difference, just the different model names and search hints. Good luck and glad you like the 'bike. If it is what I think it is, a few will be pleased to find out what mods were made on it to get that result! No sprocket changes?
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

5. #5 Re: XF125GY stupid question 
    C-Moto Noob
    I added to my post before your answer came through but no major difference, just the different model names and search hints. Good luck and glad you like the 'bike. If it is what I think it is, a few will be pleased to find out what mods were made on it to get that result! No sprocket changes?
    im not really sure about the sprockets as i bought it from a dealer as it is and i dont know how many teeth the standard sprockets have either.... if you any idea of what this is i could take a look and see if they have been changed.

the exhaust silencer on it is an FMF Powercore 4

http://www.fmfracing.com/Products/MX/42

6. #6 Re: XF125GY stupid question 
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

7. #7 Re: XF125GY stupid question 
    C-Moto Noob
    yes mate thats the one cracking... ill let u know if there has been a change

8. #8 Re: XF125GY stupid question 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yea, the fuel tap is annoying. If they put an arrow on it, it would have made things easier.

I dont think mine would ever do 60-65, lol. At 40mph its at 6000rpm and sounds like its gonna blow up, original sprokets. Cant go above 6k yet as still running it.

Though, I worked out my first mpg on it and it came out at 95mpg, so thats not too bad.

9. #9 Re: XF125GY stupid question 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    Yea, the fuel tap is annoying. If they put an arrow on it, it would have made things easier.

I dont think mine would ever do 60-65, lol. At 40mph its at 6000rpm and sounds like its gonna blow up, original sprokets. Cant go above 6k yet as still running it.

Though, I worked out my first mpg on it and it came out at 95mpg, so thats not too bad.
    i think once its run in u should be able to get to about 55-60mph depending on hills wind etc... also your weight would be a factor... im a scrawney lil guy so i spose that helps... this one has over 7000 miles on the clock so i guess its past the run in stage, still havnt looked into the sprockets but ive been looking around at it seems the stock exhaust is quite restrictive so changing this should free up a couple of horses... but then u also have to up the jetting as well slightly.... i have read in other forums that if you upgrade the carb to a 30mm mikuni one this should give it a wee boost as well... but i dont think this bike could really be pushed beyond the 65-70 mark.. at least not without it constantly redlining any way!!

10. #10 Re: XF125GY stupid question 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by AiRz View Post
    i think once its run in u should be able to get to about 55-60mph depending on hills wind etc... also your weight would be a factor... im a scrawney lil guy so i spose that helps... this one has over 7000 miles on the clock so i guess its past the run in stage, still havnt looked into the sprockets but ive been looking around at it seems the stock exhaust is quite restrictive so changing this should free up a couple of horses... but then u also have to up the jetting as well slightly.... i have read in other forums that if you upgrade the carb to a 30mm mikuni one this should give it a wee boost as well... but i dont think this bike could really be pushed beyond the 65-70 mark.. at least not without it constantly redlining any way!!
    came across the below sounds like a sweet setup...

"hi mate iv moded mine iv got it up to 85 i recomend a front 16 tooth sprocket and arrow end can of a 05 honda xr 125 on August 14th, 2009 3:15 am
    iv spent a bit of time getting the best out of mine here are the changes ,16 tooth sprocket on front ,cost 5 pounds ,got more bottom end and mid range lost no top end .srrow end can off a honda xr 125 fits straight on just cut 2 inches off the pipe where it joins the front pipe ,and change the clamp to a 34 mm .ull see a massive difference there ,on top of the air box theres 3 holes where the air goes in to the airbox,drill 5 holes down each of the intakes make sure u take it off before u do this as ull get all the little bits dropping into the carb lol leave the orrigional air filter in and cut the lid off it and leave it in there flapping about no need for k and ns and cone filters trust me waste of money , then change the plug to a ngk cr8e,then oil to 10 – 40 semi synthetic make sure u do a oil and oil filter change every 2 months as the filter cloggs up on theese and thats where the engines break so change them as much as poss only costs 7 pounds for filter and oil is less than a liter so about 550 for a liter of oil cheap also i took the wheels off and greesed the spindles and bearings well ,and the las thing wohoo the carb put a carb offa 150 on it and change the jet trust me ull have a bike that sounds like a 600 and goes like a rocket but remember this only has a 5 speed box after i done all this the bike red lines all the time u can do this but not for long thats the only shitter why a 5 speed box i dont know they spoilt it heres my email robpittam@msn.com"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast