Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 611 of 634 FirstFirst ... 461561591601609610611612613621631 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,110 of 6336
  1. #6101 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    My DF exhaust was getting a bit rusty so some stell wool and high temp paint and she is ready to go again.
    0725170826.jpg0725170855.jpg
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #6102 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    No state bike inspection in TX? I left Houston in 1974 and moved to FL. Luckily no state inspection in FL, not even auto.

On the Dragon (US 129 NC/TN).

Attachment 19595
    Awesome photo, this so much belongs to be the frontpage of some motorcycling magazine with a header like "back to basics" or "budget motorcycling" :)

How do you like the cT by the way?

3. #6103 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    No state bike inspection in TX? I left Houston in 1974 and moved to FL. Luckily no state inspection in FL, not even auto.

On the Dragon (US 129 NC/TN).

Attachment 19595
    yes we have inspection, but turn signals not on the list. Headlights hi/low, tail/brake/ stopping distance horn. about it.
    nice riding, would love to take that ride one day. keep the wheels on the ground. Enjoy.

4. #6104 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    Awesome photo, this so much belongs to be the frontpage of some motorcycling magazine with a header like "back to basics" or "budget motorcycling" :)

How do you like the cT by the way?
    I really like my 2015 Ural cT but a sidecar is not for everyone. Many try them and don't like.
    Me on the Dragon (US 129 NC/TN)
    Meonthe dragon.jpg
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

5. #6105 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Bought this bike in January! 2300$ from powersportsmax. Shipping took about a week to get to Illinois. It arrived pretty much in great shape other then the rear fender decal was peeling off but I just figured the stripe knew it was a gonner anyway! I've changed oil to 10w40 wet clutch motorcycle oil and replaced the weird spark plug with NGK! My carburetor came with a 98 main which I switchedIMG_20170523_172934.jpg out for a 107m. Not sure on pilot jet size because its not stamped so I haven't messed with it! I have put almost 500 miles on it over the summer! Maybe u guys can clear up my anxiety on a few things as this is my first true motorcycle! 1. Chain is damn tight still after 500 miles with no room for adjustment to give a c*** hair more slack! Maybe I'm just not patient enough to wait for it to stretch or should it have stretched a little after 500 miles? (2.) Rear wheel makes a clanking noise when rear wheel is spun by hand! Don't really notice any noise while riding or I just can't hear it over the exhaust! Could it just be the chain making noise while rotating around the sproket or should I look into wheel bearings? 3.) Gas cap is constantly leaking and does not screw in completely to make a tight seal!

6. #6106 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by slightwinner View Post
    Bought this bike in January! 2300$ from powersportsmax. Shipping took about a week to get to Illinois. It arrived pretty much in great shape other then the rear fender decal was peeling off but I just figured the stripe knew it was a gonner anyway! I've changed oil to 10w40 wet clutch motorcycle oil and replaced the weird spark plug with NGK! My carburetor came with a 98 main which I switchedIMG_20170523_172934.jpg out for a 107m. Not sure on pilot jet size because its not stamped so I haven't messed with it! I have put almost 500 miles on it over the summer! Maybe u guys can clear up my anxiety on a few things as this is my first true motorcycle! 1. Chain is damn tight still after 500 miles with no room for adjustment to give a c*** hair more slack! Maybe I'm just not patient enough to wait for it to stretch or should it have stretched a little after 500 miles? (2.) Rear wheel makes a clanking noise when rear wheel is spun by hand! Don't really notice any noise while riding or I just can't hear it over the exhaust! Could it just be the chain making noise while rotating around the sproket or should I look into wheel bearings? 3.) Gas cap is constantly leaking and does not screw in completely to make a tight seal!
    Take a good look at the teeth while rotating the rear wheel as the chain rolls over it.I remember when I first had mine the chain was NOT seating on the teeth correctly. I was already going to change out the sprocket to another anyway, so I did. But as I sit here I cannot remember what size I went with. But if you check the pages in this long thread you will find many upgrades worthy of doing. One of which was also the chain itself. As well as the front sprocket. Remeber one thing that is really important when owning and maintaing this bike. You get what you pay for. I have over 25,000 miles on mine.But not without replacing many items.. easy stuff, typical of replacing, but for better quality. My first motor lasted over 20,000 miles before the Transmission blew up. Found a replacement not real happy with it but it does get me around.
    Anyway. I also recommend a magnetic oil plug. Best thing for this bike as it breaks in. Better to collect the metal shavings than for them to gum up the innards.

Welcome to the show. I love my bike. I work on it alot, but it is by choice to maintain her. Have fun and ride safe.

7. #6107 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I found the chain shipped tight, not as much info on hardtail chain slack as there is on swing arm slack but there didn't seem to be any benefit to a tight chain. I'm happy with ¾" or so of play.

I actually still have the stock chain for better or probably worse, but I figured why not get at least a few thousand miles out of it.

I think a 30 tooth sprocket is a better upgrade off the bat.

and what you really need to loosen might be the valves as many find they come way way too tight even cold.

8. #6108 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I read some where that 30mm slack for the bobber.

9. #6109 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by slightwinner View Post
    Love that chromed cylinder head :)

10. #6110 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    Love that chromed cylinder head :)
    Glad someone does! lol i hate the chrome! It doesnt flow with the army green paintjob. Im trying to find a way to get the chrome parts painted army green! Im also thinking maybe a ammo can for the electronics box! This bike would be sweet if it actually kept the army theme going all around the bike!