Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 376 of 634 FirstFirst ... 226326356366374375376377378386396426526 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 6336
  1. #3751 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    What is a TTL ?

2. #3752 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    LOL, that's the spirit!
    thank you for understanding its all in fun. but on a serious note. has no one in here never bought a car fixed it up to make it real clean all for under 100$ and sell it for more than they paid? i have. its called wheelin+dealin. now, lets take the df. we can all agree on this. it is a piece of shit out of the crate. i fixed mine to now be way more than that. not shitty at all. that makes it worth more than $2000. because its not a piece of shit joke anymore. it is a motorcycle now. get it yet? it is now a better product. see how that works. all this can or cant do over a little wheelin+dealin. get over yourselves.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-28-2013 at 10:54 PM.

3. #3753 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by 4950cycle View Post
    What is a TTL ?
    ditto

4. #3754 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    Tax , Titled and Licenced and I agree a low milage bike that's had all the issues resolved should be able to sell for more n u paid 4 it , all a matter of waiting for that fella that's looking for a new small bike

5. #3755 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    So I need some info on this bike. Im thinking of buying this one as itll be my first bike and I don't want or need anything stupid fast and shiny. This I believe will be a good lil commuter to and from work and fact that its 2500ish makes it even better. I'm not afraid of the lil fixes that others of had to do and I do plan on customizing it as many others have done. I saw in a few of the posts that people have had trouble registering it here in the states. Has anyone ever registered one in TN? Trouble free? Now for parts, what parts are compatable from other bikes? or parts to fix the stock ones? I have been looking at this bike for quite some time and have looked at as many youtube vids as I could possibly watch that concern this bike. Ive looked at as many links as I could find as well. So im as educated about it and someone who doesnt own one but wants to ahaha. Thanks!

http://www.scooterdepot.us/250cc-ape...kes-p-731.html

6. #3756 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Welcome! I do not own one, but am also thin king of getting one. I am almost done reading this entire thread, and there is loads of great information here. I see you are thinking of the new model with the springer front end. So far, in m y reading, only one or two have bought that one so far. The other new one has the same "peanut" tank as the springer model, but has traditional front forks on it. That is the one I am considering. I would advise you not to buy the earlier model. They are selling those off and these two new models replace them. You can tell the earlier model by the very unique fuel tank, and very unique handlebars. The problem with those is the large number that develop gas leaks at that tank. They don't all leak, but the very questionable mounting system they used is an accident waiting to happen. Many owners had to get warranty gas tanks, and some of those leaded. I understand the new models have a much better mount, and I expect no problems. Personally, I didn't like the older handlebars either, or the looks of the older tanks, but that is personal opinion. I wish these came with a kick start and standard tubeless wheels, but I understand, if the seals on the stock wheels (spoke wheels with seals) you can put tubes in them and run them that way. I think these are nice looking bikes, and I am soon to be 60 and have ridden for over 52 years now. I am fine with a smaller motorcycle. I also am glad that these bikes run a pushrod engine rather than an OHC with cam chain and tensioner. Valves will be a snap to adjust on these, as will about any maintenance needed. There are some known issues, and you may want to read through this thread.

7. #3757 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    My new DF250RTB-A (2012 telescopic fork model) left Chino CA on 6/19/13 and is past Albuquerque NM on it way to Robbinsville NC.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

8. #3758 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    if we were talking about a vehicle without inherent flaws and a established market, i would agree one can increase the price... if put the work into a vehicle i paid fair market for, then improved it to the point it exceeds anything else, i would expect to be compensated for that.

But we are talking about a bike that has notable flaws to begin with, and while those got fixed, i don't see how one might reasonably expect to get a higher price compared to what the new model which doesn't have the flaws to begin with.

In my neck of the woods, a more fluent part of the country, I ask those whom ask what they think i spent on the bike, they guess 5 or 6k, but therein lies the problem, we are asking those with no knowledge or intention of buying a bike for how much they would buy this bike...

ask that person again after they start looking into buying a bike, and see what they say about the price...

well like i said in my original post, if one waits long enough there is likely a buyer.

So how about this, don't let it go, rather just drive it around with a for sale sign on it, and let it happen.
    Last edited by axa; 06-23-2013 at 08:24 AM.

9. #3759 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandyJ View Post
    So I need some info on this bike. Im thinking of buying this one as itll be my first bike and I don't want or need anything stupid fast and shiny. This I believe will be a good lil commuter to and from work and fact that its 2500ish makes it even better. I'm not afraid of the lil fixes that others of had to do and I do plan on customizing it as many others have done. I saw in a few of the posts that people have had trouble registering it here in the states. Has anyone ever registered one in TN? Trouble free? Now for parts, what parts are compatable from other bikes? or parts to fix the stock ones? I have been looking at this bike for quite some time and have looked at as many youtube vids as I could possibly watch that concern this bike. Ive looked at as many links as I could find as well. So im as educated about it and someone who doesnt own one but wants to ahaha. Thanks!

http://www.scooterdepot.us/250cc-ape...kes-p-731.html
    I do recall a guy registering in TN a while back, dont remember where in the thread but if you read 100 posts a day and ull be done in a few weeks :)
    also , email the seller, if they know its a problem they will likely tell you about it.
    im sure at this point they dont want the hassle of you demanding a return later.

10. #3760 Re: Bobber 
    so i finally got around to swapping the rear sprocket. the only hard part was ensuring the alignment given the old sprocket was about 55 mil thicker than the new...
    so i fabricated a shim for it...

I wonder if i had not shimmed if the 25-30 mil shift really would have caused problems later.
    I mean, looking at the 2 spacers on there now, i wonder how accurate they really are to begin with...

So, I know one of you guys did make a shim as well, but am i correct to assume the rest of you didn't?