Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 174 of 634 FirstFirst ... 24124154164172173174175176184194224324 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 6336
  1. #1731 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    dragon fang.jpg

Red Dragons
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

2. #1732 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Alley
    Like the Dragons, good size & design. Where did you find? Any problems ,with a curved surface, applying?

My issue with the petcock was the height of the interior stem. Tech staff at Pingel advised with my 818a Paughco tank I need to reduce length of stem inside to allow 1/2 to 3/4 gallon reserve (instead of 2) and rest of the 3 gallons will flow well with Petcock 'on'.
    Fears of clogging interior Petcock screen unfounded. Pipe cutter & heating the garage on a cold humid day (gas level condensates, showing fuel level) will allow measuring for new stem length & solve issue.

3. #1733 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Talked to Barnone today, he Says he is just fine but sold all his China bikes so he no longer visit the Chinese bike forums and has deleted all the photos he had of them.

:( Bummer

4. #1734 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Alley
    Like the Dragons, good size & design. Where did you find? Any problems ,with a curved surface, applying?
    I got them at:
    http://www.epicstickers.com/animal-s...ker-black.html

The curved surface was a challenge. I ordered two "sets" (two mirror and two non mirror) of each knowing I might have a problem. They are not a "solid" one piece decal. Its the same type of material as the white "DF 250 RTB" decal that many of us peeled off. LOL. I started at the tail and worked forward. I ordered the 3" size.

Kinda looks funny with the white stripes, maybe I should have ordered in white... I think the red looks good.
    Now if I could only get rid of the factory white stripes...
    Last edited by alleykat; 02-22-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: added size.

5. #1735 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I'm digging them and actually might get a set for my CCW Misfit. thx for the link
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

6. #1736 New to forum 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi!

Recently got the bike bug and after looking at Craigslist at a few bikes, I found the Bobber. Initially, I was weary, but kept looking online and found this site. SO PLEASED to have done so!

So, after reading several initial pages on this thread, I realized there is plenty that can be done with this bike.

Barnone, I see you live in NC...anywhere near Asheville or Black Mountain? If so, I would LOVE to come by and check out your bike.

Anyway, I plan on reading all 159 pages, BUT that will take some time.

Is anyone willing to pony up with the basics, like get the bike from this dealer, do this to the engine, buy this head for the engine, order a 400cc from here, etc. ?

GREAT site, thanks for having it up, and I look forward to contributing in the future.

Mil

7. #1737 Re: New to forum 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Milpower View Post
    Hi!

Recently got the bike bug and after looking at Craigslist at a few bikes, I found the Bobber. Initially, I was weary, but kept looking online and found this site. SO PLEASED to have done so!

So, after reading several initial pages on this thread, I realized there is plenty that can be done with this bike.

Barnone, I see you live in NC...anywhere near Asheville or Black Mountain? If so, I would LOVE to come by and check out your bike.

Anyway, I plan on reading all 159 pages, BUT that will take some time.

Is anyone willing to pony up with the basics, like get the bike from this dealer, do this to the engine, buy this head for the engine, order a 400cc from here, etc. ?

GREAT site, thanks for having it up, and I look forward to contributing in the future.

Mil
    Mil, you might want to read a little further up this page, post # 1733, barnone sold all his chinabikes and therefore no longer visits the chinese bike sites. as for the basics, you can find them all throughout this thread, what people have done so far. i ordered my bike from ScooterDepot, and regardless of what anybody else says, i haven't had a problem with them. i'd say do some research and order one from wherever you feel most comfortable. i rode my bike just how it came until after the break in period, then i changed the rear sprocket from a 45t to a 35t. some folks had to change thier main jet in the carb because it came with an 88, mine came with a 105 main jet so i left it alone. other than some new bars, grips, mirrors, and decals, i haven't done anything else to the bike except ride it and maintain it. i'm happy with the DF bobber, i think it's a nice bike. i do wish the motor was a bit bigger, but it's cool for what it is.

8. #1738 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    barnone.... gone?. Well shit... I wish barnone well and hope he returns one day.
    Sean

DF 250 RTB

9. #1739 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Hey did anybody pickup one of these that barnone suggested. I have one but need to figure out how to adapt to our plug wire.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...cker-4445.html

10. #1740 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    looks self explainatory , unplug sparkplug wire , plug the gadget to sparkplug and push wire onto the sparkplug shaped tip , start it up , if see spark its workin

dont believe its for full time use just diagnostics when having starting problems , I normally test if I have spark by sticking 1 finger into plug wire and another (same hand) onto the plug itself and cranking it :o zap zap zap zap yup its got spark