Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 364 of 634 FirstFirst ... 214314344354362363364365366374384414514 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 6336
  1. #3631 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crelow View Post
    Hey Churk,

I'm still around reading post. I just haven't been able to save enough to buy new tank. But as you know here in fl I can ride year round. So I'm just tring to get the bike paid off. I said that before and just kept buying things. So now that I can't ride I'm sticking to my guns and paying it off. My brother had me pull it out the other day so his daughter could take a picture with it. But I still come read post I just don't comment as much because I don't have the bike running. But soon as I get tank and battery ill be posting photos and writing more. Till then I'm listening.
    Mine is leaking also Crelow,

I called scooterdepot to see how much a replacement would cost. Somebody earlier mentioned $75. When I called them they said they dont make the old treardrop tank anymore so I would have to order the new tank that comes with the B model and it would cost me $130 and I would have to drill some holes on my frame to mount it. It's 1.8 gals and IIRC its bigger than the original so that's better for me.

I may call them tomorrow and just put the damn thing on my CC. The sooner I get this fixed the better. Hope they have it in silver.

2. #3632 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    well these responses worry me a bit... i also specifically told them what it was and asked for high temp hose... first was gates for sure, and both went quick...
    i was expecting you all would tell me i have to use a Steele line or something...

well i cant imagine im burning that hot so it must been the wrong hoses.
    ill try again for no other reason than id like to do other things than retune the carb if i block it off... but that a fine compramise... though id like to get the the bottom of it first

3. #3633 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    anyone ever consider getting a fatter wheel on the rear?
    im thinking it might have a good look...

our wheels are 170/70r18, which comes out to a 5.25-5.5" wide wheel.
    having what appears to be perhaps 3.75" (wide) rear rim, not sure but, initial research indicates we could take a 150 or perhaps 160 wide wheel with a lower aspect ratio, maybe 60, to give a similar ~26" diameter.
    i measured the rear fender, it has a 6" wide mouth and considering this is a hard tail and the fattest part of the wheel wouldn't never travel any closer into the wheel-well i think a 160/60 may be possible...

not that i think would waste money to do this, especially when i have a perfectly fine tire, but it intrigues me

now i don't know if i will ever wear out the rear tire, but if i do, ill be sure to give this a shot.
    but i was just curios if anyone else into vanity has tried this already...

4. #3634 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

5. #3635 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    im thinking it might have a good look......
    haha , I put a car tire on rear :p , Fat as hell , But my bike is so custom now its hardly recognizable , and its the chopper version , but all electrical and mechanically the same

and that hose should NOT be getting hot , because fresh cold air should be blasting into the motor via that
    1) either your air pump isnt functioning
    or
    2) your vacume hose to the manifold (what carb bolts to) is bad , making the air pump malfunction

ps , how do I post a pic ?

6. #3636 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    im thinking it might have a good look...

our wheels are 170/70r18, which comes out to a 5.25-5.5" wide wheel.
    having what appears to be perhaps 3.75" (wide) rear rim, not sure but, initial research indicates we could take a 150 or perhaps 160 wide wheel with a lower aspect ratio, maybe 60, to give a similar ~26" diameter.
    i measured the rear fender, it has a 6" wide mouth and considering this is a hard tail and the fattest part of the wheel wouldn't never travel any closer into the wheel-well i think a 160/60 may be possible...

not that i think would waste money to do this, especially when i have a perfectly fine tire, but it intrigues me

now i don't know if i will ever wear out the rear tire, but if i do, ill be sure to give this a shot.
    but i was just curios if anyone else into vanity has tried this already...
    The rim size should be stamped on the rim somewhere.I would use that number and the tire manufactures recommended rim fitment sizes.Motorcycle tires can roll the bead off the rim if the wrong size tire is installed.I wouldn't want to see someone get hurt or killed due to this.

7. #3637 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    haha , I put a car tire on rear :p , Fat as hell
    what size is your car tire?

8. #3638 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    205 / 65

and it being a hard tail , I would NOT go with a smaller tire profile , its the only "shocks" you have on the rear

but can change the profile for the front SLIGHTLY to get the speedo more accurate

it reads about 10% fast , so increase the profile by about that and speedo be near dead on

9. #3639 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    205 / 65

and it being a hard tail , I would NOT go with a smaller tire profile , its the only "shocks" you have on the rear

but can change the profile for the front SLIGHTLY to get the speedo more accurate

it reads about 10% fast , so increase the profile by about that and speedo be near dead on

wait a minute, you squeezed in a 205 on this bike? or chopped your frame perhaps?!?

Ive gotta see this.
    To post a pic go to the Settings on the top of the page, scroll down to the "General Settings" and change the message editor settings until you get one that works for your browser...

Its funny i was just going to post pics to show you how to do it, when i realized i cant post from work cuz my browser set up... hmm

10. #3640 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    haha , I put a car tire on rear :p , Fat as hell , But my bike is so custom now its hardly recognizable , and its the chopper version , but all electrical and mechanically the same

and that hose should NOT be getting hot , because fresh cold air should be blasting into the motor via that
    1) either your air pump isnt functioning
    or
    2) your vacume hose to the manifold (what carb bolts to) is bad , making the air pump malfunction

ps , how do I post a pic ?

I too was thinking something is blocked, cuz ive been blowing the same quality American hoses that GonzoX is using successfully.
    Before this started happening i was getting a decent vacuum, so i figured when I read another post of the same problem, the problem was the Chinese made hose...

That said, if the pump comes off for a check, i doubt its going back on...