Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 261 of 634 FirstFirst ... 111211241251259260261262263271281311411 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 6336
  1. #2601 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob

Looks great, good job!
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

3. #2603 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Amazing Job, now very different from the way it came for sure.
    Goodbar with Blue Fanger DF 250 RTB

4. #2604 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by skullworkz View Post
    Just ordered the new grips/front blinkers. Cant wait for them to get here! Seat will be here on the 3rd and I will promptly get to hacking up the old seat bracket and welding on the new seat. Then off to powdercoat. Then , last but not least the new headlight to top it all off. Sold the old mirrors and rear blinkers on craigslist for $5 more than I paid for the new ones to replace them!

Good Luck on the seat! Excited to see what you do. Thats why I am looking for a old seat frame off the DF so if I mess up Ill still have a seat. I am not as confident in my Hack and weld skill.
    I found a really nice new handle bar brake resevior chrome lid on ebay for a Yamaha Royal Star Venture Tour Deluxe CHROME FLUID CAPS (330845916351) 19.00 Fit perfect / I like 20 sec mods.
    IMG_3121.jpg

5. #2605 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Hello everyone,
    Just want to introduce myself and let y'all know how interesting and informative this thread has been for me. I appreciate all of your comments and modification input so much that i finally got tired of lurkin here and registered.

Currently I own a 250cc water-cooled Chinese clone of a honda helix scoter made by cfmoto. My biker buddies often ask me if i miss shifting when we go out cruising together. As a matter of fact, i actually do miss shifting, so I intend to pull the trigger on this df bobber very soon here. I don't miss shiftin enough to do away with my fashion scooter completely but now i'll have a choice when i go out to the garage. My color choice will be flat black. I haven't read every post here yet so I'm wondering if anyone actually got flat black or just glossy. Thanks for all the great suggestions. I'll post pics of my bikes arrival soon.
    Sorry to get off the topic slightly but when i first discovered this forum i was looking for any info on the 250cc Dong Fang D250RTD Rebel clone. Anyone know anything about this bike or threads related to it? All I have found is some videos at utube.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by freezerboy; 12-31-2012 at 04:35 AM.

6. #2606 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Welcome to the Thread Freezerboy. Glad to hear your choosing the Bobber for your next bike. Its a good choice for many reasons. Price, The quality and look of the bike is really amazing for the price.
    It is so light that one can get it out of the garage and on the road fast. Mods are super easy because its all out in the open. I own other bikes even a new Harley Street glide and nobody even looks at the Harley but surrounds this bike. My buddy just received the Gloss black yesterday and he was expecting the Flat black. But once he saw the glossy black tank and fenders contrasted with the Mat finish on everything else he fell in love. The gloss black still is Flat on the frame, turn signals, headlight and Speedo so the contrast is really sharp. Flat black maybe hard to come by? But you may have to wait it out. Plus flat black is super easy to do yourself with a rattle can. I do not know much about the rebel clone except For the price the bobber is a one of a kind bike that really gets the attention because most people have never seen anything like it and the rebel look alike will go totally unnoticed in my HO. Anyhow Welcome!
    2010%20Dongfang%20DF250RTB%20Bubba%20004.jpg
    Gloss Black DF 250 RTB

7. #2607 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Goodbar,
    I am definitely without ant doubt going with the bobber over the honda clone bike. Seems like the Rebel clone has a less HP 250cc engine than the bobber also. Where did your buddy buy his DF bobber at? Have you heard anything about http://www.motobuys.com/ ??
    They are in some way affiliated with scooterdepot possibly?? thanks

BTW, that looks like the picture of the 2010 model @ sterling IL location.
    Last edited by freezerboy; 12-31-2012 at 06:53 AM.

8. #2608 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Freezerboy All the Bobbers are 2010 models that are being sold are either made in Nov or Dec of that year. The Dec 2010 seem to be carbed better with a bigger main jet of 105 vs the lean 88 jet in the Nov models, so all you will have to do is mess with the air mix screw. All of the DFs come from Sunny motorsports and Scooter Depot ( I believe) is one in the same. They are probably your best bet, they have many small dealers around. If you can find someone who bought from them and had a good experience go for it. I would go as close to the source as I could. I did get mine and my Buddy got his from a dealer in Madison that was getting out of new bikes and getting into used only so we both got a deal and we picked them up. My buddy bought their last one. Just read the forum and make your own mind up. Gee I wonder how many of these Bikes they built and if they will go beyond what they built so far. It’s a special bike and not what I would call main stream but maybe they will do another production run and make changes. Bet the price will go up then also. I absolutely love the Bike. It’s the type of machine that once you get it you want to make up any excuse you can to work on it or mod it. Just has a charisma about it that no other bike I’ve owned has had. It’s my first Chinese Bike, all others have been Yamahas or Hondas, Harley. I just bought a new Yamaha WR250R dual purpose and its nice… but it gets ignored too. My bud pulled up at a hotel on his way back to MPLs to grab a bite to eat and he said he had no less than 5 people gathered around it asking questions and staring at it. That can’t be done with a common bike. Hardtail Motorcycles in general look mean and appear to be moving when there just sitting still anyhow. I don’t think you will regret one moment buying the Bobber. That photo was just off the net but it was a “Gloss” black with the clear coated tank and fenders that really do look amazing in person. I like the all Flat Black too but the Bike has a lot of flat paint anyhow for me. The Blue is a great shade and looks nice with all the black on the bike also. I will no doubt have mine painted something really custom in the future. Keep in mind for 300 bucks a body shop will re-spray the tank and fenders any color you want down the line. I’d be interested if anyone buys one that is a 2011 made or newer, they have to run out sooner or later.

9. #2609 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    F.Y.I. new buyers...

Make sure your home state does not require new motorcycles to be c.a.r.b. compliant or you will NOT be able to register it.

I found this out the $$$$ (hard way).
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

10. #2610 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Thanks for the tip. I am a resident of Illinois and I know of a Illinois dealership that has been selling them. On Wednesday I plan to go there and find out for sure though.