Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 300 of 634 FirstFirst ... 150250280290298299300301302310320350450 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 6336
  1. #2991 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    GONZO X I would think any bike left out in the rain and elements would start to rust a bit. Is it covered at all? Naval jelly.jpg
    To neutralize it get a bottle of Naval Jelly. It turns the rust invisible fast. Make sure you can wash it off with soap and water and use fine steel wool to get them spokes shiny again, then wax em.
    Sun and weather take a toll on Motorcycles fairly fast. You just need to do extra detailing. The clear coat problems sound odd. Post a picture if you can. These things would be pretty easy to paint, even with a rattle can and some clear coat once the prep sanding and primer were applied.
    Goodbar with Blue Fanger DF 250 RTB

2. #2992 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Here is a link to a video of rims that are fully painted. CCW heist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjKxW-YKhDo&sns=em
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

3. #2993 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob form NV View Post
    I tried wiggling wires and that didn't seem to go anywhere so I pulled apart the stuff in the oil can. I found that all the components were snugly fixed in a rubber holder. I found the flasher and it is getting 12v, so I think the relay itself is bad. I found one on the net that has the same wire colors and same plug only white instead of red, the little rubber clip will come off, so I'm going to gamble the 12 bucks and order one. Thanks again Babyswiss for the location.

The certificate of origin came with the bike and the dealer said to just fill in his name. Is this all you need to get it registered. He said he was sending the title but I don't think he has a clue.

I looked for the part at scooter depot but they don't have a parts page. When I did call them before they didn't know if the bike had a kick start so that tells what they know about what they are selling.

Attachment 10232Attachment 10233
    Parts page for 2010 models:

http://www.scooterdepot.us/parts_htm...rtb_parts.html

I use Google Chrome, which translates the chinese to english.
    Last edited by alleykat; 03-13-2013 at 11:08 AM.
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

4. #2994 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    What say fellow bobber riders..
    News on the home front.
    Some of you may have been around long enough to remember my issue with the studs that mount the sprocket to the rim breaking off on me and leaving me stranded for a while.I had to actually make new ones out of grade 8 bolts and have them weldeded with a backing washer to replicate the old studs.Well guess what..I broke three of the four of them almost a year later.Yes thats right, made it home this time on just one stud.Was amazed at first..then confused as to why this happens.My rear wheel is not out of alignment(meaning straight with the front wheel), all parts are factory(except for the sprocket). So I am puzzled as to why this has happened a second time. I am in process of making another set of studs, and I also ordered another sprocket from old bike barn, as the sprocket holes were slightly elongated from the broken studs.I had not realized they were broken, so since I had only been riding a few days on and off since last week(due to the weather),my issue may have occured within those days.So I have been riding unknowingly with this issue.Suddenly I was hearing a strange rub of the chain from side to side on the lower plastic part of the rear fender..and upon inspection when i got home is when I noticed the missing nuts of three of the studs..seeing they had just sheared right off.
    If anyone can enlighten me as to why this would happen please feel free to chime in.
    I was just glad I was able to make it home without being stuck out and about.
    I am thinking that this set up with this wheel is a bit of an issue,I may be in the market for a replacement rear wheel with a different type of assembly with the sprocket. If you can direct me to someplaces with some rear wheels with a more permanent sprocket system..I would like to take a look at them.
    I am starting to wonder if perhaps these road hazards( and there are alot of them around Houston) are causing my problem.The bike( and myself) take a bit of a beating just riding a normal day.I do not think we have any flat smooth roads around here..at leats I have yet to find them in my day today travels.
    So I recommend that in your pre-ride inspectiosn on a daily basis..you make sure to gander at your sprocket studs, and all around the linkage to make sure they are fine.
    Other than that..bike is still awesome..looking at over 8500 plus miles now, and still cruising on.

5. #2995 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Goodbar,

Which is the NGK plug I should be replacing with? Ill be headed to the auto parts store some time later today.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

6. #2996 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-26-2013 at 10:27 PM.

7. #2997 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Crelow, Good bar was good enough to give me this info a few pages back. D8EA and is NGK Stock number 2120

8. #2998 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Thanks bob,

I thought he did but i keep searching and it couldn't find it. sometimes it's difficult looking and replying from the Iphone.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

9. #2999 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Welcome to the group Terrible and another Bob. I don't think there is much difference in the new model and the old as far as the drive train is concerned and this is where all the knowledge here will help a lot. The rest is just flash. The carb on mine is made in Japan, but from what I can tell it is exactly the same as what everyone else here has. The electric system is a bit different and you shouldn't have the head light issue of the 2010 as ours is a two position switch and seems function as it should.

allycat, thanks for the link.

Goodbar, I watched the splendid movie Crelow posted and was amazed to discover that this has happened to my engine a few times. I thought it was just stalling out. I will be at warmed up idle, give it some throttle, quit. Makes that zzzzz sound too, almost like the starter buzz. There is no pop or white vapor as he described in other posts so I thought I was good. Fires right back up and runs fine. I'll put the new plug in and tweak the idle control and see if that doesn't help. I checked the old plug it was at .025. I would think that with how the plug looks it would be running rich.

100_0797.jpg

What are you setting your valves at?

10. #3000 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Crelow View Post
    Here is a link to a video of rims that are fully painted. CCW heist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjKxW-YKhDo&sns=em
    That is bad ass.Surprisingly,I even like the green.