Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 330 of 634 FirstFirst ... 180280310320328329330331332340350380480 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 6336
  1. #3291 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Re changing the rear sprocket has everyone also shortened the chain or just adjusted the rear wheel? Also has anyone else installed a chain tensioner? I am having a few issues with my setup

2. #3292 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    be careful with the plastidip. The reason i didnt use it.. if you get a little scratch and wind gets under it, it will all just peel off like latex. Looks so nice though
    Keep in mind that you can also just hit it again with the plasti-dip and feather it out and you would never know it was there. Also, have you ever messed with this stuff? It is super tough! I use it on my bicycle stand as the protective coating on the clamp as to not scratch customers bikes AND to not damage the carbon fiber seatposts that I see on a daily basis. I plasti-dipped my clamp on the Christmas holiday, so I was useing it the day after Christmas, and it is holding up as well as or better than the factory made bumpers. Not only that, but if I get tired of the color I can peel it off and repaint! This ALSO protects against rust if it is done properly! I have a rider at my shop that uses plasti-dip as a chain guard on a freeride bike and has only ever made one application, and there is a moving bicycle chain beating on it 8 hours a day in full on aggressive riding. These are only some things that I have seen in my personal day to day life and figured this would be a cheap, easy and inexpensive way to protect and customize your bike. Please keep in mind this is my personal opinion and I'm no professional when it comes to paint, I just wrench on 'em.

3. #3293 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixmaster View Post
    Re changing the rear sprocket has everyone also shortened the chain or just adjusted the rear wheel? Also has anyone else installed a chain tensioner? I am having a few issues with my setup
    Hey Mix, I did remove some links. If I'm correct I removed (4) and I went to the 35t. If you don't have a chain tool you will need to buy one here~
    http://www.harborfreight.com/heavy-d...ker-66488.html

When you push the pin through dont push it ALL the way through, you wanna leave the pin stuck inside the outside link like this in case you want to re-install, or? By doing this and having the chain tool in your pouch you can have a backup in case your chain breaks. real info.jpg
    And, as far as a tensioner you may wanna talk to some of the other senior members about that. I have seen some nice tensioners on this site and you will have to do the research. But, if I'm correct Ghost has a really nice set up.

4. #3294 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody87 View Post
    Hello All,

Just want to throw out a quick question. Anyone know of an inexpensive tachometer (dial-gauge style, not LCD) for single-cylinder engines with DIS? The tach that Cleveland Cyclewerks has on their "Misfit" would be ideal but I doubt they sell them piecemeal. I've heard that you can convert a Sunpro gauge to work but I can't find much info on how.
    i guess it depends on what you call inexpensive. this is affordable to me and im considering it.

http://www.amazon.com/Bikers-Choice-...cle+tachometer

My new battery arrived today and the fit is exact to the T. It is a completely sealed deal, so no worry about corrosion on the box. No charge needed. Just pop in and ride
    Attached Images
    Last edited by freezerboy; 04-06-2013 at 04:48 AM.

5. #3295 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    be careful with the plastidip. The reason i didnt use it.. if you get a little scratch and wind gets under it, it will all just peel off like latex. Looks so nice though
    There's a fix for it

2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

6. #3296 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior

7. #3297 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Very Nice........What brand of paint is that?

8. #3298 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    rustoleum laquer

9. #3299 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello fellow df250rtb owners! Thought I'd introduce my bike after owning and riding for about 4 months now. Bought from "sparky" who was local and had done a few things to her before I purchased (check the first 200 pages). Since I've had her I've made some subtle, tasteful changes and overall I'm very satisfied with the bike. Changed the 36 tooth rear sprocket to a 33, aftermarket handlebar and mirrors (going for the cafe racer/bobber-look) photo (1).jpgphoto.jpgphoto (2).jpgThe bike is about 6% Honda at the moment (Honda shadow shift rod, honda shadow clutch cable) some amazon and a bit of ebay. a little over 2000 miles and am confident I'll see 20,000 in the next year or so as I live in Jacksonville, Fl. Hopefully these photos post right....

10. #3300 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-27-2013 at 03:38 PM.