Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 331 of 634 FirstFirst ... 181281311321329330331332333341351381481 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 6336
  1. #3301 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Hey all. I did the 35t sprocket today.. What a total pain in the A$$ it was. Took me all day because I cut my chain too short haha. I ended up getting the links that I broke out to reattach securely and all is well. I bought a nice pallet jack style bike lift from harbor freight to lift the bike... the thing is awesome. Anyway I figured out why my tail light isnt working. My fender is rubbing against the tire!!!! (ever so slightly). Its rubbing directly where the wire for the tail light come down through the fender on the 2012 model. Wires are shot.. tire ripped them to shreds. I tried to bend the fender up but Ive had no luck at all. Any suggestions

2. #3302 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Remount the light on the left side like the chopper boys and rewire it.

3. #3303 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by chruk bashre View Post
    hey skull, question. do you start your bike up and love how it sounds and rev it a couple of times and say man i love this bike, then shut it off, cause its to cold and snowy to ride? if you did this, like anyone in 'to cold to ride' climates, the sitting still heating and cooling of an engine would produce condensation internally eventually contaminating the oil. i could be wrong but that is what that white sludge looks like to me. watery oil.
    i hope your motorcycle is ok. let us know how it goes.
    Fresh oil now and the bike has only been started a couple of times without riding it due to the frigid conditions to preserve my battery. I'm not sure what is in the OEM filter but I am going to cut it open and look. This may have happened from opening up the flow between the crankcase and the termination point. I may put the OEM stuff back on and do a vacuum test to tell if the OEM configuration was more restrictive. Either way my bike is fine and it is running smooth as silk. After I corrected the way I shifted to neutral it has been wonderful to ride. My right front blinker is starting to act funny now though. So, when I am riding it and turn on the rt blinker only the rear works, but when it's sitting still running they all work. Gonna buy some new LED bulbs for them. I haven't had any issues with my rear tail light bulb, even on my side mount plate!

4. #3304 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    Hey all. I did the 35t sprocket today.. What a total pain in the A$$ it was. Took me all day because I cut my chain too short haha. I ended up getting the links that I broke out to reattach securely and all is well. I bought a nice pallet jack style bike lift from harbor freight to lift the bike... the thing is awesome. Anyway I figured out why my tail light isnt working. My fender is rubbing against the tire!!!! (ever so slightly). Its rubbing directly where the wire for the tail light come down through the fender on the 2012 model. Wires are shot.. tire ripped them to shreds. I tried to bend the fender up but Ive had no luck at all. Any suggestions

If your interested in doing it for under $20 look at some of my previous post with pics on how to do this easily. You really just need some good stainless steel flat stock (I got my stock from a retail shelf and a drill and die grinder/air grinder. Something like this~ http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog.../category/426/
    Only reason I'm doing "HF" for info on tools is because they have it in stock, it's cheap, if it breaks in 24 hours you can return it for your money back, for that matter, if it breaks in 90 days they will give your money back EVEN if you dont buy the warranty!

5. #3305 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    skull- was the dipstick and drain oil also white stuff contaminated?

6. #3306 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    i found a happy home for my horn. next is to find the perfect sounding one at one of the local junkyards.

horn.jpg

7. #3307 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-27-2013 at 03:40 PM.

8. #3308 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Attached Images
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-27-2013 at 03:41 PM.

9. #3309 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    cool, i just noticed the horn in the background. i like it. i like it alot.
    SAISintake.jpg

10. #3310 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by chruk bashre View Post
    skull- was the dipstick and drain oil also white stuff contaminated?
    No, it came out as expected. Gold with a bit of silvery sheen to it, the plug had a silvery/gray color "sludge" to it. Not a glob but enough to cover the surface. I let the bike drain for about an hour and re-installed the new oil and ran the fill check. Looks good and is running super smooth!